LGS score!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
11,042
Reaction score
17,628
Media
178
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Stopped into the bigger LGS just now and they actually had some powder! Most of it stuff I dont need or use but did score @Bob Whelens favorite CFE223, 2#, and 2# of IMR 4350.
2# limit or I would have bought more.
I may go back tomorrow and buy more though. Havent seen either on a shelf in nearly 2 years.
They had ZERO primers.
 
Change cloths and go back now!
 
Getting a pound of usable powder at my “local” SW would be like winning the lottery. They did have $100/box 300 H&H and 348 Winchester though.
 
These days you have to buy what you can, when you can. Some here would consider you lucky, think about it!!
 
Stopped by today on the way home from the range, the 4350 was all gone, but did snag another can of CFE223, so not a waste of time anyway.
 
SES,
How are you fixed for .405 brass and bullets?
 
SES,
How are you fixed for .405 brass and bullets?
Good on brass, couple boxes of factory ammo, bullets, not so much. I do have one box of Hornady FN coming today that I found on line, been sitting on a shelf in some store in OK for years.
 
Glad to hear you are on the way.
I am working on my gun closet and have finished with my 45-90 and 45-70 supplies and .405 comes next.
 
Glad to hear you are on the way.
I am working on my gun closet and have finished with my 45-90 and 45-70 supplies and .405 comes next.
Finished filling or finished emptying? If you have too many .405 bullets you can send some my way,,,
I tried to buy some Hawk bullets, website shows lots of them in .405.
Sent an email, all gone, NADA, ZIP.
 
I ordered a case of Hevi-Shot Goose loads from Cabela's (via AmmoSeek.com) a few weeks ago. They sent an email saying it was in. We picked up the case of ammo, then found 4 boxes of Hevi-Shot for Duck and 10 boxes for Turkey on the shelf. I'm splitting it with a friend. Things might be loosening up a bit with availability of things.
1635796292408.png
 
Finished inventory and organizing. WRT bullets, lets see how this works out as I found some 400 grain Barnes gathering dust. I much prefer NF and have an unknown variety of them.
I have enough .458 caliber rifle ammo to take out a whole herd of buffalo. Plus extra brass and bullets.
Still not happy with regulation on 45-70 DR and may have to take it to have it regulated. $$ + wait time.
 
BeeMaa ,
While inventorying rifle ammo, I uncovered a treasure trove of 20 and 12 ga shot shells approx 100 boxes! Guess I better go shoot (at) some birds. I need to shoot some in self defense.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,081
Members
169,694
Latest member
ShastaBooz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top