Largest Hunting Concession South Africa?

Ok. I don't want to drag this out but since you keep bringing up the illegality and embarresment I need you to explain or accept the fact that the argument you are making is not valid.
If I'm in SA and have a friend who's a PH and taking me out to a ranch (High or Low fence) and letting me use his rifle and we're taking non exportable game for biltong with the written consent of the landowner (who's the outfitter), how is this illegal and how are we violating which law????
Do you think he or I don't know the law or do you know my son is a SA resident right now and I spend a ton of time there? or are you just jumping into the discussion because???
Nothing illegal about that except that you need to use the rifle provided under the direct guidance of the licenced owner.

Ok. I don't want to drag this out but since you keep bringing up the illegality and embarresment I need you to explain or accept the fact that the argument you are making is not valid.
But you will drag it on because you always have to have the last word. Who needs the search function on this site or Google for that matter. We already have you.

Partly true,
There are a lot of farms in SA with self sustaining wild herds and challenging hunting which does cater to locals and biltong hunters and they do not spend the time and money to advertise for international hunters.
Well, because BY LAW, you need to be in possession of an Outfitter's license to legally market any hunt to a foreign market. Yes, they are cheaper, because they are advertising to local hunters and local hunters only. Right? Why would you mention this if only local hunters go there at these "low prices" Or did you perhaps have a little dabble there?
Their prices are way lower than all of the advertising outfitters here and I was lucky enough to be on a property like that with a resident and it wasn't monkeys!I
Why mention this at all? They are ONLY advertising to locals, while the outfitters on the website advertise to the international hunter. Why compare their prices to the Outfitters here? I suspect I know why.
However for most people here it's beyond their time commitment, capability and connections to pull off something like that.
To pull what off exactly?

Sureshot I am not qualified to cite RSA laws. If it is legal I am not opposed since it effects me in no way. Your qualified PH buddy should know. The one thing I do know is high fence game game belongs to the land owner, low fence it belongs to the state. If I am incorrect then please correct me.

I wonder how many more hunters are going to line up to follow in your footstep's, please keep directing them to RSA.

You are very confused. I’m not really sure what I said to warrant your nonsensical response.

I was merely making a point. I do not believe it is illegal for a non-resident to hunt in SA without a PH or outfitter if the non-resident is not a paying client. This seems to be a rather limited exemption. I’ve never really researched this point because my friends who would let me hunt for free are outfitters.

Double play is right. If you have the right connections and time, you can hunt Africa for a fraction of the cost of a traditional safari. This isn’t really attainable for most visiting hunters.

I can hire a PH through an outfitter at the going rate for a PH and his vehicle at a fraction of normal daily rates. Historically I have been able to get a PH and vehicle for less than the cost of a rental vehicle. We can go hunt ranches regularly hunted by locals and pay for the animals at local rates in ZAR.

What is immoral, illegal, or wrong about this?

I’ve never recommended or suggested that anyone try to do this because it doesn’t make sense for most people. I would advise people to book with a reputable outfitter and enjoy the services they provide.

Follow in my footsteps? You don’t know anything about my hunting experience. What are you talking about?

Please keep directing people to RSA??? So does this mean I’m no longer invited to hunt in Zim?? I hunted Zim for the first time this summer and had a great trip. I had planned to go back, but I guess I’ll cross it off the list. I’ll certainly cross Tokoloshe off the list.

Reactions: IvW
I probably should have never commented to your thread, I have no problem where you hunt you did leave some details out.
If you say this is all legal in RSA that is good enough for me. You are welcome by myself and as far as I know everyone in Zimbabwe to come and hunt at any time.

Note:
I have taken the first of 3 or 4 doses of morphine.
Next is my 2 Chemo treatments
Followed by anywhere from 1 to 4 radiation treatments.
Next more chemo.

Sometimes the drugs and radiation affects my judgement.

I will close by wishing you many more days of hunting, each day is precious and should be filled with both. Go knows I have been blessed with more than my share.

Cheers, Lon

I probably should have never commented to your thread, I have no problem where you hunt you did leave some details out.
If you say this is all legal in RSA that is good enough for me. You are welcome by myself and as far as I know everyone in Zimbabwe to come and hunt at any time.

Note:
Next more chemo.

I will close by wishing you many more days of hunting, each day is precious and should be filled with both. Go knows I have been blessed with more than my share.

Cheers, Lon
Oh hell, I didn’t realize you were on drugs!!! This explains everything. Consider this internet fight officially over.

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Get well soon and then maybe we can arrange a proper debate about something around a campfire.

Note:
Next more chemo.

Cheers, Lon
Get well soon!!! I just lost my father to lung cancer, hope the chemo knocks yours into remission!!

RMC, Thank you, the radiation chemo Is not a big deal the unrelenting pain is since last May not a minutes relief.

So looking forward to being back in Zim with friends, dogs & our wildlife.

RMC, Thank you, the radiation chemo Is not a big deal the unrelenting pain is since last May not a minutes relief.

So looking forward to being back in Zim with friends, dogs & our wildlife.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get some relief from the pain soon!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.