Krieghoff Big 5???

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I believe you were dealing with their sole importer/dealer in PA (no issues whatsoever and the gun is presumably new?) 18Kish, but that looks fancier than standard, and then the taxes. 'Used to pass by K's original office in Pipersville, PA on the way to deer hunting as a teen. Sometimes he'd (it was 1 guy at the time) be out shoveling snow or we'd run into him at the local coffee joint and he'd hand out cards and try to sell us (w/ <$500 guns in-tow) Krieghoffs. I probably still have their business card somewhere...But, great people to deal with and it's a fine, less costly alternative to some finer guns in Used form. They have since moved into a much nicer place about a mile up the road in Ottsville. Mom still lives nearby, but that's about 3 hrs from my farm...By now you know you've made the right choice! .470 was a fav of many a great elephant/b
Thank You, great story & glad to hear their respectable people. I did call Krieghoff Intl, or the PA office to enquire about a used listing, serial # provided. She was able to tell me everything for a 24yr old build. I asked about new inventory readily available, then was forwarded to a dealer.

They managed to find a new, stock 500 from the PA distributer for $17,100. w/o tax. I thought the wood was exceptional?, the dealer's owner was impressed, good dimensions, warranty, etc. Extremely more comfortable new, to work with a reputable dealer somewhat nearby, & K Intl.

I managed to find a couple Big 5's from outfitters, priced equally, extremely different piece of walnut however. The used K i've seen was beautifully upgraded, tailored to the individual though, significant drop, heel to comb. The seller was asking $11k. It was built in 1996, with all the upgrades, it sold for $12,500 24 yrs ago. That's not a bad resale?

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
K!
k!.jpg

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Thank You, great story & glad to hear their respectable people. I did call Krieghoff Intl, or the PA office to enquire about a used listing, serial # provided. She was able to tell me everything for a 24yr old build. I asked about new inventory readily available, then was forwarded to a dealer.

They managed to find a new, stock 500 from the PA distributer for $17,100. w/o tax. I thought the wood was exceptional?, the dealer's owner was impressed, good dimensions, warranty, etc. Extremely more comfortable new, to work with a reputable dealer somewhat nearby, & K Intl.

I managed to find a couple Big 5's from outfitters, priced equally, extremely different piece of walnut however. The used K i've seen was beautifully upgraded, tailored to the individual though, significant drop, heel to comb. The seller was asking $11k. It was built in 1996, with all the upgrades, it sold for $12,500 24 yrs ago. That's not a bad resale?
Sold for $12,500 24 years ago, and now selling for $11K. That seems like a poor return on investment.

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Well, for what it's worth as it hasn't been shot. It's stout, short, & robust, beautiful machine I'm sure.

The "Essencia", Lord have mercy, pic doesn't justify. 28 ga.
essencia.jpg

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Sold for $12,500 24 years ago, and now selling for $11K. That seems like a poor return on investment.
It gets worse! .. however, I had to take resale out of the equation. I do love the fit of this K, and prefer their overall appearance!

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MargaretFr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.