Krieghoff Big 5???

I believe you were dealing with their sole importer/dealer in PA (no issues whatsoever and the gun is presumably new?) 18Kish, but that looks fancier than standard, and then the taxes. 'Used to pass by K's original office in Pipersville, PA on the way to deer hunting as a teen. Sometimes he'd (it was 1 guy at the time) be out shoveling snow or we'd run into him at the local coffee joint and he'd hand out cards and try to sell us (w/ <$500 guns in-tow) Krieghoffs. I probably still have their business card somewhere...But, great people to deal with and it's a fine, less costly alternative to some finer guns in Used form. They have since moved into a much nicer place about a mile up the road in Ottsville. Mom still lives nearby, but that's about 3 hrs from my farm...By now you know you've made the right choice! .470 was a fav of many a great elephant/b
Thank You, great story & glad to hear their respectable people. I did call Krieghoff Intl, or the PA office to enquire about a used listing, serial # provided. She was able to tell me everything for a 24yr old build. I asked about new inventory readily available, then was forwarded to a dealer.

They managed to find a new, stock 500 from the PA distributer for $17,100. w/o tax. I thought the wood was exceptional?, the dealer's owner was impressed, good dimensions, warranty, etc. Extremely more comfortable new, to work with a reputable dealer somewhat nearby, & K Intl.

I managed to find a couple Big 5's from outfitters, priced equally, extremely different piece of walnut however. The used K i've seen was beautifully upgraded, tailored to the individual though, significant drop, heel to comb. The seller was asking $11k. It was built in 1996, with all the upgrades, it sold for $12,500 24 yrs ago. That's not a bad resale?

K!
k!.jpg

Thank You, great story & glad to hear their respectable people. I did call Krieghoff Intl, or the PA office to enquire about a used listing, serial # provided. She was able to tell me everything for a 24yr old build. I asked about new inventory readily available, then was forwarded to a dealer.

They managed to find a new, stock 500 from the PA distributer for $17,100. w/o tax. I thought the wood was exceptional?, the dealer's owner was impressed, good dimensions, warranty, etc. Extremely more comfortable new, to work with a reputable dealer somewhat nearby, & K Intl.

I managed to find a couple Big 5's from outfitters, priced equally, extremely different piece of walnut however. The used K i've seen was beautifully upgraded, tailored to the individual though, significant drop, heel to comb. The seller was asking $11k. It was built in 1996, with all the upgrades, it sold for $12,500 24 yrs ago. That's not a bad resale?
Sold for $12,500 24 years ago, and now selling for $11K. That seems like a poor return on investment.

Picked up a Fabarm?, .. fit beautifully! .. don't know much about them.
doubles.jpg

Well, for what it's worth as it hasn't been shot. It's stout, short, & robust, beautiful machine I'm sure.

The "Essencia", Lord have mercy, pic doesn't justify. 28 ga.
essencia.jpg

Sold for $12,500 24 years ago, and now selling for $11K. That seems like a poor return on investment.
It gets worse! .. however, I had to take resale out of the equation. I do love the fit of this K, and prefer their overall appearance!

I'd honestly would love to recreate the work done to create this build, with subtle exceptions. I've become familiar & simply love the firearm. This is still stunning

I must say, I was hopeful when I placed the order for it, I liked it when I received it, and it has grown on me since. They are good rifles and I have zero complaints. It is well designed, and well put together. It is not finished to the level of Boss or Purdey but functionally it is as good or better due to the cocking safety and selective ejectors. My biggest issue is I enjoy my single shot rifle so much I have pretty much stopped hunting with my other rifles including the double.

I must say, I was hopeful when I placed the order for it, I liked it when I received it, and it has grown on me since. They are good rifles and I have zero complaints. It is well designed, and well put together. It is not finished to the level of Boss or Purdey but functionally it is as good or better due to the cocking safety and selective ejectors. My biggest issue is I enjoy my single shot rifle so much I have pretty much stopped hunting with my other rifles including the double.
It's a work of art regardless. All aside from my personal impression with Krieghoff, I'd still commit a year's wait to build another to spec. Well done, again & Thanks for sharing.

@Daniel Cary

Which Kriegoff dealer are you working with? I have dealt with Pacific Sporting Arms and Paxton Arms when I purchased my K80 and K20 shotguns. They are both fantastic folks to deal with.

You also have mentioned Ralf Martini. He is also a gentleman and very fair to deal with. Importing from Canada to the US using a broker wasn’t painful at all. Just took some time and money. I think he still has a couple Kriegoff Big 5 in 500 NE.

Regards,

What is your single shot OP?

@Daniel Cary

Which Kriegoff dealer are you working with? I have dealt with Pacific Sporting Arms and Paxton Arms when I purchased my K80 and K20 shotguns. They are both fantastic folks to deal with.

You also have mentioned Ralf Martini. He is also a gentleman and very fair to deal with. Importing from Canada to the US using a broker wasn’t painful at all. Just took some time and money. I think he still has a couple Kriegoff Big 5 in 500 NE.

Regards,
Pacific Sporting Arms, excellent people!

Reactions: yhc
What is your single shot OP?

Blaser K95 in 8x57JRS. A rifle of the shelf, I bought as an interim solution while I wait for the one I ordered with three barrels in 5.6x50R, 30R Blaser and 9.3x74R. Didn’t plan to do it this way but once I handled it, the shop assistant was unable to pull it out of my paws. I am a weak man...

Blaser K95 in 8x57JRS. A rifle of the shelf, I bought as an interim solution while I wait for the one I ordered with three barrels in 5.6x50R, 30R Blaser and 9.3x74R. Didn’t plan to do it this way but once I handled it, the shop assistant was unable to pull it out of my paws. I am a weak man...
....and it is a strong gun.

Krieghoff is a noble forge in Germany. Whether it is qualitatively better or worse than Heym can only really determine a qualified gunsmith who has worked in both factories and really knows the differences from his own experience. That begins already with the training of the gunsmith youth and with the material purchase.,who may judge here really ?
I see no difference.Heym goes more into marketing than Krieghoff.For whatever reason.
From the point of view of resale, Krieghoff is here the better choice!!!
If you want more image you have to go to England,But you need one to two years income to pay for it.Absurd
Blaser double rifles do not sell at all in Germany.

Last edited:
Krieghoff is a noble forge in Germany. Whether it is qualitatively better or worse than Heym can only really determine a qualified gunsmith who has worked in both factories and really knows the differences from his own experience. That begins already with the training of the gunsmith youth and with the material purchase.,who may judge here really ?
I see no difference.Heym goes more into marketing than Krieghoff.For whatever reason.
From the point of view of resale, Krieghoff is here the better choice!!!
If you want more image you have to go to England,But you need one to two years income to pay for it.Absurd
Blaser double rifles do not sell at all in Germany.

I have the exact opposite feeling in Belgium. I see much more marketing material for Krieghoff (almost every hunting magazine I pick up, will have an ad from Krieghoff) , yet almost none for Heym. I do see much more (marketing about) PH’s with Heym than with Krieghoff.

On Blaser doubles I agree. I only ever hear or see the R8, and sometimes a K95 mixed in. But I’ve never seen a Blaser double in the wild or in the zoo… even their shotguns I did not know about until recently.

may well be, perhaps the focus here is set differently.
Belgian upper class has a lot of money and the master workshops in Liege /Belgium are a big concurrence..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,