Krieghoff Big 5???

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Ok, if anyone can add their opinions, advice, etc,? Anything would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Brand New, from PA to dealer. Does this sound about right? And is it worth it?
$17,100. Plus MI's sales Tax...
No Upgrades, etc,. Pushing $20K for a K!

The dealer provided me with Pics of the Stock?, .. Requested & awaiting full length Photos, for the 2nd time?!?

Last edited:
Is this rifle for sale like on Gun Brokers or Guns International??? I wouldn't do anything until you are completely satisfied with the pictures you see. Maybe someone who lives in PA here can go and do an inspection on the rifle for you.

Is this rifle for sale like on Gun Brokers or Guns International??? I wouldn't do anything until you are completely satisfied with the pictures you see. Maybe someone who lives in PA here can go and do an inspection on the rifle for you.
I'm sorry, it's coming from the PA factory, Krieghoff Intl. Distributer. I have not spoke with the distributer himself, it's the dealer that's retrieving all the information. 1/2 of the rifle looks good, with respect to a stock firearm, however, I was told I'd receive the photos by the days end.
I'll leave it at that to save face, though it was erroneous a full length photo was not provided.

And thank you!, as that was a gracious gesture on anyone's behalf, willing to inspect the rifle.

It is new, I do like the idea of a dealer in the state, though distant, a warranty, available gunsmithing, etc...

Really unfamiliar with Krieghoff, & most modern doubles for that matter, I suppose I'm just curious with their Big 5 & the asking price? I've received exceptional correspondence with VC, Heym, Merkel's, distributers to the contrary!

I know! Found one and I'm debating
Hallowell is selling one in 500 NE for $9975 - tempted myself - He is very reliable and have dealt with him in he past.

Hallowell is selling one in 500 NE for $9975 - tempted myself - He is very reliable and have dealt with him in he past.
That's glad to hear. I did enquire about his several months ago as he responded asap. The idea shortly passed, however, sounds like great people to work with!

Thank You. There's a lot of apprehension with who to trust..

Since you mentioned VC, I don't know if you've seen this post.

Since you mentioned VC, I don't know if you've seen this post.

Good Lord, .. thank you!

Buy a Heym...
I think I lost the Heym IvW!!! .. I know, this is ridiculous. Just a few K more, there'd be a stunning 89B en-route.

Never Seen either in person, however, can tell there's no contest.

Thank You All however!

There's been a great wealth of insight and fortitude here, AH.
I managed to read some good news on the K's here for what it's worth. In a time crunch & traveling to see these in person is out of the question unfortunately.

A good used Heym can be had for around $15K. Have a look at GunsInternational.com
Honestly, Ralph Martini has exactly what I'm looking for in an 88B. It's in Canada however...

I have been watching his listings daily. 500 N.E.
He does have one, the barrels are ported unfortunately, etc...

Kreighoff was not my first choice. But I had the opportunity to buy a used one in 500/416. Since then I added a red dot and had the pa gunsmiths regulate it to my preferred swift a frame. The gun has become my favorite large bore rifle. It shoots great, no issues and my ph tried to steal it from last year in Namibia. It has taken two buffs, elephant, hippo, zebra, kudu, impala, sable, wildebeest. I now really resist shooting a scoped rifle in Africa. 20k new seems a little high to me. Last I checked they were in the 15-16k range. But maybe ejectors etc add to the cost. More important that a top brand is the caliber you are thinking about. Make sure you have shoot the caliber more than twice. If fact try and shoot it 10-20 times at the range. How do you feel afterward. My 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Kreighoff was not my first choice. But I had the opportunity to buy a used one in 500/416. Since then I added a red dot and had the pa gunsmiths regulate it to my preferred swift a frame. The gun has become my favorite large bore rifle. It shoots great, no issues and my ph tried to steal it from last year in Namibia. It has taken two buffs, elephant, hippo, zebra, kudu, impala, sable, wildebeest. I now really resist shooting a scoped rifle in Africa. 20k new seems a little high to me. Last I checked they were in the 15-16k range. But maybe ejectors etc add to the cost. More important that a top brand is the caliber you are thinking about. Make sure you have shoot the caliber more than twice. If fact try and shoot it 10-20 times at the range. How do you feel afterward. My 2 cents. Hope it helps.
It certainly does, and we Thank You!
A great story behind the Krieghoff just as well.

Ok, if anyone can add their opinions, advice, etc,? Anything would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Brand New, from PA to dealer. Does this sound about right? And is it worth it?
$17,100. Plus MI's sales Tax...
No Upgrades, etc,. Pushing $20K for a K!

The dealer provided me with Pics of the Stock?, .. Requested & awaiting full length Photos, for the 2nd time?!?
I got mine a couple years ago, I believe for $16K. It was from Alamo in Boerne, TX. I love my K gun.

Love my Krieghoff .470 NE. Purchased it almost unused in the UK through DL at Westley Richards in FL. Beautiful full figured wood, exceptional engraving by Noon. Less than $10,000 into my hands. Took a long time to find and many months to import. When received, I took a shooting stance, closed my eyes and quickly shouldered the rifle. I opened my eyes and the sights were perfectly aligned. I repeated this several times with the same results. Old eyes ended up convincing me to mount an RMR red dot at the breach and that works fine. The fit of the the rifle is so perfect that I do "run and gun" exercises and shoot quickly with both eyes open and hit a 8" black bull every time. The make of your rifle has to please you but the fit to your body is more important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.