Knives... do you carry one?

CR-2387.jpg
61exun7Y+lL._AC_SS450_.jpg

My two EDC knives. CRKT Minimalist bowie and a Gerber Air Ranger. Both inexpensive, all things considered, but indispensable. I use the Worksharp Ken Onion Edition Sharpener to keep 'em deadly too. I highly recommend!

i ALWAYS have a spring assisted folder in my pocket. when i forget it, or it is in my checked baggage, i find myself reaching for it all the time and almost angry when its not there. the frequency of use tho, makes it tough for me to keep it really sharp.

I'm a bit of a knifewh@%$
I started carrying a Spyderco in the 90's and still do today.
I have many premium EDC knives and also carry a Swiss Army Knife around daily.
Sometimes a leatherman.

When hunting I have a Buck 110, Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter or a Robbie Bauchop Custom with me all the time.

These days I like the American Lawman as an EDC as its tough and I feel I can abuse it. (keep my spydercos safe)

I feel naked without a pocket knife. I always carry one of the following: Microtech SOCOM, Case, Al Mar or a Victorinox. I do not have many "zero tolerance" policies but a dull knife I absolutely cannot tolerate. :)

I carry a small lock-blade Case all the time. When hunting I carry a large Buck lock-blade

Old style Leatherman Super Tool. It gets used daily, and has for as long as I can remember. I like the heft, all of the possibilities it brings to the table, and the two knife blades sharpen up in almost no time on my Work Sharp. My daughters cringe because they have heard me say on more than one occasion if it was a choice between forgetting to put on my pants or forgetting to put my Leatherman on my belt, I'll choose going without pants every time. It was on my belt in my profile photo, as I posed over my buffalo.

havalon titan!!! does everything. two blades. one is scalpel-like, and one is more like a traditional folding knife. google and let me know your thoughts. i highly recommend

Only when hunting I carry a knife

I carry a Buck gen5 when hunting. I carry a Leatherman tool out in the desert to pull out thorns, as everything has them, same as in Africa.

My EDC, I really like the SOG tanto knife with partial serrated edge. Has come in handy many times.

full

Love the 1911, and of course the Aerospace Breitling too. :)

As per my other posts I love hunting light and with nothing on my belt. In fact after the 21km slog after buff in 40 degree heat I have given up belts altogether
47EB149C-CDB9-4FB6-907F-626EEB1EA377.jpeg
in favour of elasticised shorts. The knife I now carry is a super sharp Opinel No7 carbon blade, it sits in my hip pocket and it is so light I don't even know it is there. This little knife did such a good job skinning two buffalo the trackers have all requested one.

Every day I pick 2 that fit in my pocket slip. Typically one with 3" or lager handle or double spring pattern, and then one smaller than 3" like a GEC #09 or Case mini-copperhead.

gAZM7bql.jpg
SYoT49Yl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.