Katharina Vikor

I followed all her posts back then I wonder what she's up to nowdays

Hi, Im Katharina, I just joined this forum and my dad showed me this thread. I still shooting when i can, but Im currently employed in the Norwegian army so little time to make a lot of videos. I just went on a hunting/safari trip to South Africa, and here is a link to my newest video, if anyone is interested :)

Katharina, it is nice to have you back. Are you in the Army or do you work for the Army as a civilian?

Nice to have you posting again Katharina

Nice video hunt reports.
Congrats on getting 2 fine animals.
Hope to see more of your video hunt reports.
Awesome, that you carried out your springbok. You are a true hunteress.

I recall that thread now!

I took note of the way she keeps the barrels steady even though the recoil moves her so aggressively! Very controlled technique. I have to work on that

She provides one hell of a good lesson about technique.
Roll with the punches.

Hi, Im Katharina, I just joined this forum and my dad showed me this thread. I still shooting when i can, but Im currently employed in the Norwegian army so little time to make a lot of videos. I just went on a hunting/safari trip to South Africa, and here is a link to my newest video, if anyone is interested :)

Welcome to AH.
Been watching your YouTube channel for quite a while.
Congratulations on your most recent safari.
You made a few longer shots most PH's wouldn't feel comfortable offering a client.
Well done.

She provides one hell of a good lesson about technique.
Roll with the punches.

I noticed how square to the target and relaxed she was with the big bore. Recoil went straight back and didn't twist her around. She let her body absorb it and went with it. Not a lot of barrel lift, either.

Awesome work Katharina, I stumbled on your recent videos last week sometime and was quite impressed. The Midlands area of Natal is actually one of my favorite spots in SA for reasons other than hunting (fishing mostly) but I will look into doing some rifle hunting down there sometime.

Welcome Katharina! Thank you for joining!

Good to have you here. Nice animals. Good videos. Congrats
Bruce

IMG_1145.JPG
I notice when she is absorbing the recoil, the gun is coming more or less straight back. I have a .375 H+H in a CZ550 with the Euro style hogs back stock. See photo. On recoil the muzzle kicks up usually knocking the sticks down. Is this poor technique on my part or a result of the stock?

The hog back style stock is good looking but when it comes to rifles with heavy recoil the do induce quite a bit of muzzle rise. It’s because the stock’s contact with the shoulder is very low in regards to the barrel. That rifle will be much better with a straight stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois