Just In.....Kimber Caprivi 458 Lott

For all of you that are asking when I'll be selling this one. If the offer is right, it can be today! Hahaha!

Damn, I missed this before I posted. LOL

Gorgeous rifle, congrats!!!!! Now what are you selling to fund this rifle? I saw the scope you have for sale. :A Popcorn: Sh*t, I'm so safari poor right now, I hope is nothing I can't say no to. :ROFLMAO:

Gorgeous rifle, congrats!!!!! Now what are you selling to fund this rifle? I saw the scope you have for sale. :A Popcorn: Sh*t, I'm so safari poor right now, I hope is nothing I can't say no to. :ROFLMAO:
You NEED that scope! :ROFLMAO:

Great looking gun!

That one hurt me, I'm happy for the man that bought it but the struggle was real!

tell me about it. I saw it and never opened that post again. If I wasn’t going to Africa next year, I would have paid Toby a visit :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Very nice!

@TOBY458 over the years we have all become very familiar with your kitchen and all the fine rifles that have cycled through there. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that is curious to see a photo of your gun safe, the one with a revolving door on it. :A Whistle:

I shot this rifle a few times over the weekend. Just some light loads of 450gr CEB at 2200 fps. I haven't mounted optics yet, so shooting these loads from a 8.5 lb rifle was lively, but not punishing. Of course this was off hand shooting, and not from a bench. I think I'll mount a scope soon and test accuracy. So far I love the handling and functionality of it, so hopefully it shoots as well as it looks!

Patience. Someone here is going to get a great opportunity on a fine rifle. :cool:
Beat me to it :E Rofl:

Looking forward to your feedback TOBY when you shoot it with "the real stuff", like 500 gr @ 2,300 fps...

My own Lott is a Mauser 66 that weighs in at 8 lbs. 13 oz., and although it does not hurt me per se thanks in part to a generously flaring and thick recoil pad, 10 rounds of full power ammo give me a nice headache, a sure sign of a mild concussion...

And I will add that I never had the courage to scope it. A Docter III red dot on the integral barrel ramp works pretty well...

Enjoy but be careful. These scope kisses typically require sutures ;)

Mauser 66 .458 Lott.JPG

Last edited:
Beat me to it :E Rofl:

Looking forward to your feedback TOBY when you shoot it with "the real stuff", like 500 gr @ 2,300 fps...

My own Lott is a Mauser 66 that weighs in at 8 lbs. 13 oz., and although it does not hurt me per se thanks in part to a generously flaring and thick recoil pad, 10 rounds of full power ammo give me a nice headache, a sure sign of a mild concussion...

And I will add that I never had the courage to scope it. A Docter III red dot on the integral barrel ramp works pretty well...

Enjoy but be careful. These scope kisses typically require sutures ;)

View attachment 427146
To me....the real stuff is 450gr at 2200-2300. Low pressure and no powder compression to speak of. It doesn't appear that 500gr is needed anymore with today's bullet technology. (Sounds like a good enough excuse to me anyway....) lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!