Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
several sporting clubs
Hunted
several
i filled my first tag on tuesday the 5 th and filled my second tag today monday the 18 th, it has been a hard year for most turkey hunters here, cold-wet-windy. remington 870 tactical 12 ga 3" magnum with TSS # 9 shot. the first turkey was shot at 37 yards after calling it in, the second was shot at 48 yards after calling it in.

DSCN0537 (2).JPG
DSCN0539 (2).JPG
DSCN0535 (2).JPG
DSCN0585 (2).JPG
DSCN0580 (2).JPG
DSCN0578 (2).JPG

I filled my two tags from the same tree 17 days and 2 minutes apart. One at 25 yds, the other at 35yds. Hunted 4 mornings over 3 weeks at two different properties. In birds every time. Just lucky as a lot folks had a tough time.
2D584F00-5371-4B48-B392-77A33E038CD0.jpeg
49C7A5A9-9260-4944-B1DA-B06D603CBFDF.jpeg

Well done boys!

Nice job Gents!

I think if turkey were bigger they would fit in the dangerous game category considering how mean and aggressive they are.

How do you plan to cook them?

I either fry the breast like chicken strips or cut in 3” cubes, marinate in Italian dressing, rap in bacon with a jalapeño and cook indirectly on the grill. Tastes like pork loin. Legs are only fit for soup.
C67C665B-90A6-447E-8F8E-B02E1B0C5F77.jpeg

Congratulations to you both. It has been a difficult season in the northeast this year. I got my first on may 3rd but still hunting for 2nd. I find the legs eat pretty well after brining and smoking in my smoker at 200 degrees for about 3 hours with peach chips.

i cook them in a crook pot untill tender and they fry or grill with fixens. if turkeys could smell they would also be a lot harder to kill. their are two kinds of red white and blue i love, one is on the american flag and the second it is on a turkeys head in full strutt.

Congratulations!! Unfortunately I wasnt able to get out this year but I love turkey hunting more than anything.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I either fry the breast like chicken strips or cut in 3” cubes, marinate in Italian dressing, rap in bacon with a jalapeño and cook indirectly on the grill. Tastes like pork loin. Legs are only fit for soup.View attachment 348849

Now brother, that’s some nice hooks. Congrat’s.

Awesome beard! Both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.