AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I did look around on this site last year before I went on Safari. Very helpful for a first timer.

Any other Alaska guys?

Chris

Welcome to the forum, we have some great guys from AK on here. I hope to one day reside there myself. I keep telling my boss that if McDonalds call me with a fry cook job up there I'm going. I'm not so sure I'm joking either.
Tell us where and what you hunted and of course what guns!
Cheers,
Cody

Thanks Bullthrower!
I hunted South Africa last year, close to Jeffrey's Bay, at Stompiesland Safaris. Nico Lourens is the owner, what a great family he has and an amazing place!
My Wife took a Kudu and Impala. I was lucky with a Nyala, Impala and Bushpig. No guns for us...just the Mathews Bows

Glad you decided to join

Welcome to the posting side of AH sir.

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to AH Chris! Glad you made good use of the site on your first trip... Are you planning your next, if so where? Let's see some pictures from your first time in SA.

Thanks Bullthrower!
I hunted South Africa last year, close to Jeffrey's Bay, at Stompiesland Safaris. Nico Lourens is the owner, what a great family he has and an amazing place!
My Wife took a Kudu and Impala. I was lucky with a Nyala, Impala and Bushpig. No guns for us...just the Mathews Bows
Nice! I'm a Mathews guy myself, great bows.

Welcome to AH @Bowdup :S Welcome: from Seward

Welcome to AH.
I'm out Anchorage. Currently shoot at Black Sheep Bowmen and Northwest.
I believe I got my Athens Afflixtion through you in '14.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I did look around on this site last year before I went on Safari. Very helpful for a first timer.

Pay your taxes! That hunt report is past due.

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome aboard Bowdup. I agree with the others, it is time for you to post your story and pictures. Matthews bows are about as good as they come.

Welcome Bowdup! So when are you going back to Africa now that you've taken a dip?;)

1. Welcome to the best forum in the world.
2. I'm a city slicker in Los Anchorage.

Welcome to AH !

WOW!! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I do own an Archery Shop here in Alaska and I'm not surprised to see a few familiar faces.

I have a few friends traveling to Stompiesland Safari's this year, wish I was going with them, although if things work out I might be able to swing the October trip! I do plan on going back soon as it's all I can think about. I enjoy talking about Africa in the shop, both telling and hearing stories. Nico and his family have become very good friends and we chat weekly on WhatsApp...what a great thing that is, the ability to communicate with anyone almost anywhere is amazing.
My wife and I plan to return to South Africa and hunt with Nico again. We both are wanting to continue to hunt the Plains Game. No specifics really, with archery we take what comes to us, but I do hope to get a Kudu bigger than hers!

I will get the pics and a hunt report posted ASAP!

Again, Thank You all for the warm welcome!

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois