It’s not much; but, it’s mine... Heym 89B 450/400 arrived today

cal pappas

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone who would state this fine rifle "is not much" would vote for Hillary and have a poster of Janet Reno in a thong in his gun room. Perhaps the nicest Heym I have seen. At last they are making doubles along English lines and doing a damn fine job!

Frederik

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Congrats on a good looking rifle in a great calibre big enough to kill anything and the whole setup light enough to carry all day long on spoor without needing any help.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
You have a fine rifle to be proud of. I hope you enjoy many days afield with it by your side.

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Obviously your statement that "Its not much" was said tongue in cheek. If it weren't left handed I'd take it in a minute!! I hope it shoots as well as it looks. Post targets as soon as you get a chance.

Andrew Short

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime member NRA
I will share a link, it is around 21,000 Canadian so probably 5000 usd lol

They have a bunch of nice doubles on that site. Many in 500, so that made me a bit cautious about buying a 500 . I was tempted by the Kreighoff in 500/416.

When I did see the 470 I did buy on another site I just fell in love with the wood, couldn't pass it up and the price was very fair. That Heym will stay in my memory for a long time.
That rifle has been on Ralph’s site for a while. Looks as if it has some rust and imperfections along the left rib, minor handling marks on the stock. Could probably get it a little cheaper than 21k Canadian. That’s just 17386 US

@wiltznucs Beautiful double in a great caliber. Congratulations!!!

Daniel Cary

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
The 89, from what i've seen in "Pictures" is exquisite, and this is no exception! Love the appearance of 450-400 on the light frame & appreciate the photos, gives perspective on the grade engraving as well. I'm always looking at this thing anymore. Congrats man!

wiltznucs

AH member
Reaction score
Media
So 9-10 months delivery time? That’s pretty good. Is that standard or did you get a rush put on it because of an upcoming hunt?

It’s my understanding that they already had an unclaimed 450/400 action in process so that expedited things a bit. I was told 6-7 months from start to finish. I’d of had it far earlier as the gun was finished in March; however, delays by the shipping brokers and customs set delivery back over two months.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
It’s my understanding that they already had an unclaimed 450/400 action in process so that expedited things a bit. I was told 6-7 months from start to finish. I’d of had it far earlier as the gun was finished in March; however, delays by the shipping brokers and customs set delivery back over two months.
I bet the wait was painful. That must be what @Kevin Peacocke is going through right now.

uplander01

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Mozambique, Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, Oueen Charlette Isl), USA Rocky Mountain Region, Alaska
Heym is doing a lot right, one of the few companies that are. Congrats, thats a dandy rifle, all you'll ever need.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
It is likely I will have to learn to love an RMR in the future, but I will put it off as long as I can. The look down that landing strip with the bold V and the dot is almost worth it even if you can't see what you are shooting at as well!
Did you order the ghost ring sight as discussed?

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
The Zim coffee is great by the way...many thanks...
I am off on a meat hunt expedition from tuesday...freezers are running low

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
No, not sure about it. I know you are correct on this, but I am such a die hard traditionalist. I am really hoping that the fit will be so good that the minute of saucer will happen anyway. I am really going for the 50 metre limit, real stalk and crawl stuff. I could do it with the Verney, lets see with the Heym.

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
The Zim coffee is great by the way...many thanks...
I am off on a meat hunt expedition from tuesday...freezers are running low
I am pleased you liked it, which one was best? We like Vumba. When you get back IvW maybe we go and see Andrew, I need to handle a Heym once more before I head back to Zim, it will be for a long stretch.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
We have started on the Vumba...little by little.

Sure I am leaving Tuesday and will be back the following Monday....the way things are going here I may need to get a multi barrel setup....I will contact you as soon as I am back

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
It is likely I will have to learn to love an RMR in the future, but I will put it off as long as I can. The look down that landing strip with the bold V and the dot is almost worth it even if you can't see what you are shooting at as well!
Here is a short review of mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LorettaWoo

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?