It’s not much; but, it’s mine... Heym 89B 450/400 arrived today

Very handsome rifle, in an intriguing caliber. That Buff engraving, really highlights the detail of the rifle.

That’s a beautiful rifle! Congratulations

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your beautiful rifle! Beautiful wood, excellent engraving and in a cartridge that is actually pleasant to shoot.

Yes sir I would call that up graded lumber for sure! Congrats

Well, it’s finally here...

A big shout out to Chris Sells at Heym USA for making it happen. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster during the Covid era.

I visited Chris back in August. After firing the 88 and 89B we decided on this lite model 89B in 450/400 NE.

Dressed it up a little from the factory settings. I’m a southpaw so it’s lefty.

My options...

Left handed stock.
Left handed trigger group and firing order.
Upgraded lumber.
Silver nitrate triggers, trigger guard and butt cap.
English style oil finish on the stock.
Bullino engraved Cape Buffalo underneath.

Hope to get it to the range to check the regulation this weekend. With a bit of luck I’ll have it pointing at Buffs later this month.

View attachment 405388View attachment 405389View attachment 405390View attachment 405391View attachment 405392View attachment 405393View attachment 405394
What a gorgeous rifle - you should be proud. Congrats on the caliber, a worthy round along with its cousin the 404 Jeffery, and it will serve you well for anything that walks runs or crawls on the planet. Noice

That is the rifle of my dreams!! She's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Take care of her. Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty !
Yes quite.

You can certainly take pride in ownership! Enjoy the process of making it a familiar friend.

I keep going back to the pictures you have posted Wiltznucks and I have to say that is the best looking double I have ever seen. The wood is gorgeous, not over the top figure, tons of honey and definition, just plain simple class. The engraving is great, just enough, no more. I can't believe I have one of these on the way, but I think I am going to have to upgrade my wood to this level - what grade is it?

I keep going back to the pictures you have posted Wiltznucks and I have to say that is the best looking double I have ever seen. The wood is gorgeous, not over the top figure, tons of honey and definition, just plain simple class. The engraving is great, just enough, no more. I can't believe I have one of these on the way, but I think I am going to have to upgrade my wood to this level - what grade is it?
Here’s the original blank. Chris was pretty high on it from the get go as a left hand stock. This certainly isn’t considered “exhibition grade”. Very good, yes...

We could see the bands of fiddleback even when it was in the raw. That’s what really drew me to it.

If being honest; I think opting for the hand rubbed English style oil finish really made this blank pop. Adds a more glossy finish which many don’t like; but, I love the way it turned out.
AD3FDCEA-FEDD-407F-8462-008A617651A9.jpeg

Here’s the original blank. Chris was pretty high on it from the get go as a left hand stock. This certainly isn’t considered “exhibition grade”. Very good, yes...

We could see the bands of fiddleback even when it was in the raw. That’s what really drew me to it.

If being honest; I think opting for the hand rubbed English style oil finish really made this blank pop. Adds a more glossy finish which many don’t like; but, I love the way it turned out.
View attachment 405766
That blank is so fine. I’d get my money’s worth just setting it on my lap and staring at it. You have a gorgeous firearm. Thank you for posting.

Well, it’s finally here...

A big shout out to Chris Sells at Heym USA for making it happen. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster during the Covid era.

I visited Chris back in August. After firing the 88 and 89B we decided on this lite model 89B in 450/400 NE.

Dressed it up a little from the factory settings. I’m a southpaw so it’s lefty.

My options...

Left handed stock.
Left handed trigger group and firing order.
Upgraded lumber.
Silver nitrate triggers, trigger guard and butt cap.
English style oil finish on the stock.
Bullino engraved Cape Buffalo underneath.

Hope to get it to the range to check the regulation this weekend. With a bit of luck I’ll have it pointing at Buffs later this month.

View attachment 405388View attachment 405389View attachment 405390View attachment 405391View attachment 405392View attachment 405393View attachment 405394
The Cape engraving is stunning. I think this photo would be my phone background pic. One thing I have noticed (and it really jumps out) is the number of left handed rifle owners I’ve seen in photos. Makes me feel normal ;)

View attachment 405766
The finished stock turned out even better, much stronger contrast between the dark lines and the honey fields. Someone said here on AH that wood always has more to give under the varnish, this sort of finish reinforces that.

There is a Heym for sale at Ralf Martini's here in Canada with a Buffalo engraving I just love. Price was a little too high for me, but wow what beautiful work and a beauty of a rifle. In 470.

Heym uses some amazing artists for their engraving.

Screenshot_20210505-081502.png

There is a Heym for sale at Ralf Martini's here in Canada with a Buffalo engraving I just love. Price was a little too high for me, but wow what beautiful work and a beauty of a rifle. In 470.

Heym uses some amazing artists for their engraving.

View attachment 405852
What is the price MB?

I will share a link, it is around 21,000 Canadian so probably 5000 usd lol

They have a bunch of nice doubles on that site. Many in 500, so that made me a bit cautious about buying a 500 . I was tempted by the Kreighoff in 500/416.

When I did see the 470 I did buy on another site I just fell in love with the wood, couldn't pass it up and the price was very fair. That Heym will stay in my memory for a long time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.39 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.41 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.41 AM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.41 AM 1.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.42 AM.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 117
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.27.43 AM.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
So 9-10 months delivery time? That’s pretty good. Is that standard or did you get a rush put on it because of an upcoming hunt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!