What is worn out tooling truly worth to anyone?It would be good to know!
But, I haven't seen a word about it. Has anyone, from reliable sources mentioned they sold old tools?
I think this is highly unlikely. They phased out also combination guns. Entire production now is automatized, on cnc.
Another thing, the US market is already covered with economic CRF rifle (mauser), that being Zastava m70.
You may want to check zastava-USA web site.
M70 is made in all popular calibers, and for DG in 375 HH and 458 WM.
Not to mention well established winchester m70 rifle, as well.
I am right now in Reno at the SCI show and I have personal friends in both CZ USA and Triple River Gunsmithing.
Here are the facts as related by these sources:
The CZ 550 is gone friends, and I wager that it will be dearly and sorely missed.
- CZ as eight times (8 X) more business in pistols than in rifles.
- CZ has stopped production of ALL 550 actions and rifles.
- CZ USA does not have any - zero - CZ 550 medium length (30-06) actions left.
- Whatever CZ 550 rifles are offered by CZ and existing dealers, in shops or on line, is all there is. There will not be any more after that. Period. By my rough count on Gunbroker.com etc. a few months ago, it seems like there are less than 1,000 African caliber rifles for sale in calibers .375 , .416, .458 in the USA.
- CZ USA has ~100 magnum length actions with .375 bolt faces and ~25 actions with .416 Rigby bolt faces left for custom builds at Triple River Gunsmithing.
- double square bridge,
- integral scope bases,
- controlled round feed (CRF),
- drop belly large capacity magazine,
- 100% forged steel,
- appropriate barrel contour,
- barrel boss integral rear sight base,
- barrel-band front sight base,
- tough as nails "Mauser" rifle in mythical .375 H&H, .404 Jeffery, .416 Rigby, .458 Win/Lott calibers for ~$1,200 ................... and people poohpooh it because it needs an hour or two of breaking in and polishing of a few critical surfaces to become the functional equivalent of a $15,000 original Mauser/Rigby ?!?!? You gotta be kidding, right?
Anyone out there wants to bet that barely used as-new CZ 500 actions/rifles will sell for twice or triple their original price within the next 3 years?