Intro

Dhosera

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all,
Been lurking here a while and first time posting. My father and I are looking forward to our 1st Safari coming here end of May for plains game in South Africa with Game4Africa. There is a wealth of information on here and I can say it was invaluable in our planning. I used Travel Express for travel booking and even chose a hunt advertised on the site.
Thank you!

Welcome aboard Dhosera. Rest assured that you and your father are in for the time of your life. How many days will you be hunting? What species are on the menu? Are you guys taking your ow3n rifles or renting firearms from your outfitter? My two sons and I hunted Africa for the first time in August of 2016. My oldest son and I are headed back this coming July. BTW how about telling us a little more about yourself? Like what have you hunted in the states? Do you belong to any National or International Hunting Organizations? Do you reload?

Hello and welcome to AH!

Best of luck on the hunt, we look forward to the report!

Last edited:
Welcome to the posting side.

Take plenty of notes and pictures for your hunt report.

Enjoy your hunt.

Welcome to AH Dhosera! Hope you will share your time in Africa with us.

Welcome Dhosera ~ glad you found this site helpful, a lot of good guys and gals on here! Enjoy the planning of your first Africa safari :Happy:

Welcome to AH Dhosera! You did good choosing Travel Express. They are so easy to work with even for an old codger like me.
You realize that once you go to Africa, you’ll be addicted and have to go back!
So glad you and your father can go together! Great to have a family companion along. Enjoy the planning as well a small the trip!

Hello all!
We are hunting 7 days. We have a 8th Tourist day scheduled in the middle to break the hunt up and check out some local sights & National Park. My father said he was interested in going to Africa so I told him, say no more and I'd get something planned. I am going to try and collect Grey Ghost, Zebra, Bush buck, Impala, and warthog. My father differs a little trying for Impala, Grey Ghost, Wildebeest, warthog and Spring-buck. Being our 1st experience we are going to use the outfitters rifles.

Little more about myself. I am 34 and my father is 59. We reside in Michigan and are the traditional Midwest whitetail hunters. I am a young single guy, so pretty fortunate to be able to say I've hunted all over the lower 48 and Alaska. I spend all my time & vacation traveling for hunting/fishing. My sister resides in Alaska, so I get up to visit yearly.

I'd say my game is Winter Steel-head Fishing here on Lake Michigan Tributaries. I've got a custom jet boat for running the rivers and you will find me on the river from December thru March chasing those beasts.

On this years travel schedule is: Ontario for wild Lake Superior Spring Steel-head, Africa plains game safari, August will be flying into the Mountains in Alaska to chase Mountain Caribou and myself after Grizzly Bear, November I'll be bow hunting Southern Illinois for Rut whitetails and then out to North Dakota for Mule Deer! Little overboard this year! I do not reload.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Welcome to AH !

Best of luck in ALL your pursuits! Oh am I jealous!

Welcome and good luck on your safari.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! Enjoy the posting side.

Welcome to Ah, Good luck to you and your father. Shoot straight and take lots of pictures and please post a report on your return.

Headed out MONDAY on our 1st Safari! Feeling unprepared and under packed so we will see how this goes. Thanks for all the packing lists and information!

Welcome to our forum and have a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luz493361

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.