AH enthusiast
Reaction score
{where Rooster Cogburn lost his eye in True Grit}
Media
Member of
Endowment Member NRA DSC
Hunted
United States, Canada
G Gordon Liddy passed away. R.I.P. and God bless.
I always enjoyed listening to G Gordon Liddy as he was not afraid to discuss things with people who disagreed with him. Unlike some talk show hosts that would cut someone off and continue to talk and make their point and make it seem like the other person was still there.
Mr Liddy would continue to talk and finally just agree to disagree. Had huge respect for him. His book “Will” is a must read in my opinion.
I will miss him and his calendars. I always enjoyed his radio show.

Yep. One of the original tough guys. He had a love affair with the Browning Hi-Power. Everyone should.

G Gordon Liddy passed away. R.I.P. and God bless.
I always enjoyed listening to G Gordon Liddy as he was not afraid to discuss things with people who disagreed with him. Unlike some talk show hosts that would cut someone off and continue to talk and make their point and make it seem like the other person was still there.
Mr Liddy would continue to talk and finally just agree to disagree. Had huge respect for him. His book “Will” is a must read in my opinion.
I will miss him and his calendars. I always enjoyed his radio show.
THE G MAN! RIP

Yep. One of the original tough guys. He had a love affair with the Browning Hi-Power. Everyone should.
I got to sit in on a small talk he gave at UNC-Chapel Hill in about 1980. He had gotten out of prison not long before. He was a very intense individual to say the least.

I used to listen to him on WJFK out of Washignton DC when he hosted there back in the 90s. I grew up in the early 80s reading Soldier of Fortune magazine and there was an ad with a picture of Liddy holding an Uzi. He was an interesting person for sure.

I got to sit in on a small talk he gave at UNC-Chapel Hill in about 1980. He had gotten out of prison not long before. He was a very intense individual to say the least.

About the same time frame, Liddy came and spoke at Louisiana Tech. A young, liberal punk got up and started criticizing Liddy. The moderator tried to intervene and Liddy gently brushed her aside and said "I eat punks like this for breakfast."

About the same time frame, Liddy came and spoke at Louisiana Tech. A young, liberal punk got up and started criticizing Liddy. The moderator tried to intervene and Liddy gently brushed her aside and said "I eat punks like this for breakfast."
That was pretty much the attitude he had when I saw him in Chapel Hill. I was young, stupid, liberal, and a Democrat then so I probably didn't appreciate it then as much as I do now.

I used to listen to him on WJFK out of Washignton DC when he hosted there back in the 90s. I grew up in the early 80s reading Soldier of Fortune magazine and there was an ad with a picture of Liddy holding an Uzi. He was an interesting person for sure.
An interesting person for sure....I loved the comment regarding his eating a rat to overcome his fear of rats.

you're a bulldog, too?

I met G. Gordon Liddy in Greenwood Indiana, during a dinner and speech he gave. I managed to get a picture of us together (Diana too)

you're a bulldog, too?
Yep, undergrad degree from LA Tech and grad school at LSU. I also have another MS from UNO too. Kind of spreaded the tuition dollars around the state.

Yep, undergrad degree from LA Tech and grad school at LSU. I also have another MS from UNO too. Kind of spreaded the tuition dollars around the state.
Dad's BS is from Tech, MS and PhD from LSU.

I loved his radio show and listened quite a bit Around 1999-2000 time frame. He was so good and funny. I still remember some of the things he said. For one he always said as a convicted felon he didn’t have any guns but “Mrs. Liddy has a great collection”!

I loved his radio show and listened quite a bit Around 1999-2000 time frame. He was so good and funny. I still remember some of the things he said. For one he always said as a convicted felon he didn’t have any guns but “Mrs. Liddy has a great collection”!
I remember that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg