AH senior member
Reaction score
{where Rooster Cogburn lost his eye in True Grit}
Media
Member of
Endowment Member NRA
Hunted
United States, Canada
G Gordon Liddy passed away. R.I.P. and God bless.
I always enjoyed listening to G Gordon Liddy as he was not afraid to discuss things with people who disagreed with him. Unlike some talk show hosts that would cut someone off and continue to talk and make their point and make it seem like the other person was still there.
Mr Liddy would continue to talk and finally just agree to disagree. Had huge respect for him. His book “Will” is a must read in my opinion.
I will miss him and his calendars. I always enjoyed his radio show.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Yep. One of the original tough guys. He had a love affair with the Browning Hi-Power. Everyone should.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
G Gordon Liddy passed away. R.I.P. and God bless.
I always enjoyed listening to G Gordon Liddy as he was not afraid to discuss things with people who disagreed with him. Unlike some talk show hosts that would cut someone off and continue to talk and make their point and make it seem like the other person was still there.
Mr Liddy would continue to talk and finally just agree to disagree. Had huge respect for him. His book “Will” is a must read in my opinion.
I will miss him and his calendars. I always enjoyed his radio show.
THE G MAN! RIP

baxterb

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to listen to him on WJFK out of Washignton DC when he hosted there back in the 90s. I grew up in the early 80s reading Soldier of Fortune magazine and there was an ad with a picture of Liddy holding an Uzi. He was an interesting person for sure.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I got to sit in on a small talk he gave at UNC-Chapel Hill in about 1980. He had gotten out of prison not long before. He was a very intense individual to say the least.

About the same time frame, Liddy came and spoke at Louisiana Tech. A young, liberal punk got up and started criticizing Liddy. The moderator tried to intervene and Liddy gently brushed her aside and said "I eat punks like this for breakfast."

jpr9954

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Member of
NRA, SAF
About the same time frame, Liddy came and spoke at Louisiana Tech. A young, liberal punk got up and started criticizing Liddy. The moderator tried to intervene and Liddy gently brushed her aside and said "I eat punks like this for breakfast."
That was pretty much the attitude he had when I saw him in Chapel Hill. I was young, stupid, liberal, and a Democrat then so I probably didn't appreciate it then as much as I do now.

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I used to listen to him on WJFK out of Washignton DC when he hosted there back in the 90s. I grew up in the early 80s reading Soldier of Fortune magazine and there was an ad with a picture of Liddy holding an Uzi. He was an interesting person for sure.
An interesting person for sure....I loved the comment regarding his eating a rat to overcome his fear of rats.

sgt_zim

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
you're a bulldog, too?

Bule Jagter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, NRA
Hunted
ZA, Indiana, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
I met G. Gordon Liddy in Greenwood Indiana, during a dinner and speech he gave. I managed to get a picture of us together (Diana too)

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
you're a bulldog, too?
Yep, undergrad degree from LA Tech and grad school at LSU. I also have another MS from UNO too. Kind of spreaded the tuition dollars around the state.

sgt_zim

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
Yep, undergrad degree from LA Tech and grad school at LSU. I also have another MS from UNO too. Kind of spreaded the tuition dollars around the state.
Dad's BS is from Tech, MS and PhD from LSU.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I loved his radio show and listened quite a bit Around 1999-2000 time frame. He was so good and funny. I still remember some of the things he said. For one he always said as a convicted felon he didn’t have any guns but “Mrs. Liddy has a great collection”!

sgt_zim

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
I loved his radio show and listened quite a bit Around 1999-2000 time frame. He was so good and funny. I still remember some of the things he said. For one he always said as a convicted felon he didn’t have any guns but “Mrs. Liddy has a great collection”!
I remember that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelvinaShi

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.