AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Deputy Commissioner Nangombe: Head Firearms Control Division shared the following with the NAPHA Office:

On behalf of the Namibian Police Force I have the honour to inform your esteemed office that we have moved one step ahead to ensure that our esteemed hunters feel at easy when travelling to Namibia for hunting purposes. We have created an email address where the hunters can forward their applications in advance to enable the Namibian Police Force to consider their applications and upon arrival will be issued with their permit once the verification of the firearms, ammunition and passport has been done.

It is against this background that I am forwarding the attached requirements and application form Pol 573 to be completed and forwarded to firearmairport@nampol.na. We are still working on other port of entries but as a beginning we are targeting to improve the service at Hosea Kutako International Airport due to the high statistics of import permits issued on daily bases.

For any enquiries please contact me and let us inform our clients and esteemed hunters on the new development accordingly.

Ignatius Nangombe
Deputy Commissioner
Head: Firearms Control Division
Ministry of Safety and Security (NAMPOL)
Tel: +264 61 209 4612
Mobile: +264 81 336 7330
E-Mail: INangombe@nampol.na
www.nampol.gov.na

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Attachments

• Requirement_for_Import_Permit.pdf
    200 KB · Views: 842
  • Pol_573_Application.pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 775
With an invitation like that it may be time to plan on going to Namibia!

Bloody brilliant.
One page, electronic processing, streamlining the whole process.

Go Namibia!

Now get the Minister to chat with Air Namibia about dropping the firearms handling fee and they will be set.

A prettier version of the form.

Attachments

• pol573.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 515
Amazing that the form is so simple......even I understand it!!!

Amazing that the form is so simple......even I understand it!!!

I have never spent more then five minutes in the police office before this.
What's funny is they want to stream line the process even further for hunters.

I can only say that Namibia have their heads screwed on straight. Make the process easy for hunters, provide excellent value for money and great hunting and you are going to get a lot more business.

Deputy Commissioner Nangombe: Head Firearms Control Division shared the following with the NAPHA Office:

On behalf of the Namibian Police Force I have the honour to inform your esteemed office that we have moved one step ahead to ensure that our esteemed hunters feel at easy when travelling to Namibia for hunting purposes. We have created an email address where the hunters can forward their applications in advance to enable the Namibian Police Force to consider their applications and upon arrival will be issued with their permit once the verification of the firearms, ammunition and passport has been done.

It is against this background that I am forwarding the attached requirements and application form Pol 573 to be completed and forwarded to firearmairport@nampol.na. We are still working on other port of entries but as a beginning we are targeting to improve the service at Hosea Kutako International Airport due to the high statistics of import permits issued on daily bases.

For any enquiries please contact me and let us inform our clients and esteemed hunters on the new development accordingly.

Ignatius Nangombe
Deputy Commissioner
Head: Firearms Control Division
Ministry of Safety and Security (NAMPOL)
Tel: +264 61 209 4612
Mobile: +264 81 336 7330
E-Mail: INangombe@nampol.na
www.nampol.gov.na

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Thanks for that information. It's much appreciated.

Kudos to Namibia!

It was easy enough before, this is icing on the cake.

Simplicity! What more could you ask for. Now if just getting a Leopard was this easy.
Hope trip #3 pays off.

I now need a visa to go to SA , Namibia welcomes me with open arms as a hunter .
And now I can do most of the paper work from home , awesome .
No guesses where im going hunting next time .
SA need to get there act together .

Now get the Minister to chat with Air Namibia about dropping the firearms handling fee and they will be set.

I would love to see that happening. But considering that one has to grease the wheels in RSA or get a pre-approved firearms importation permit that sets you back about US $100.00, Namibia it's an excellent deal already. It has just moved back at the top of my list for the next safari.

Just a note
my last group of 4 Polish hunters all with weapons
took a total of around 35 mins to clear weapons with no pre clearance, nothing done before the time. just had correct paperwork
cops were very friendly and helpful

kind regards

Just a note
my last group of 4 Polish hunters all with weapons
took a total of around 35 mins to clear weapons with no pre clearance, nothing done before the time. just had correct paperwork
cops were very friendly and helpful

kind regards
I had the same experience, couldn't have been more pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross