I'm Sorry.....I just have to post this! Another Anti-hunter turned! YAY!!!!

Sue Tidwell

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
It was already enjoying the evening reminiscing about Tarzan (thanks to the Tarzan video and post by @Jfet.) Then I went to my Goodreads account which I RARELY do and found this AMAZING REVIEW! Another anti-hunter changed. YAY! Rick is in Seattle so I have no one to share my excitement with. So, AH gets to hear about it. After all the sleepless nights and hours and hours camped at the keyboard, reviews like this make it all worthwhile.....
Sara Trautman-Page 1.png
Sarah -Page 2.png

Sarah page 3.png

Well done!
Thanks Kevin! It was exciting to see her go into such detail about it. Hopefully some others on goodreads will see the review and give the book a shot too…and change their minds!
Fantastic!
Thanks @Nkawu I’m like a little kid in a candy store when I get a review like this. It just never gets old! And hopefully she will tell others.

Thank you Sue. Maybe a woman’s touch is a new way to go.
@Flewis i think in large part it is because I am a non hunter who started our very skeptical …and as the adventure goes and I learn from the people of Masimba camp my mind changes. So they learn through an emotional connection with the people I met and stories rather than through facts. Then I do back up what I learned from non-hunting biologists (not hunting organizations). Unfortunately too many people turn off to the truth as soon as they see it coming from a hunter because they have skin in the game. At least that is my perception from the feedback I receive. Whatever the reason, I am just thrilled the book is doing its job with some people.

Very nice. Great to see attitudes changed.
Bruce
@gillettehunter Yes! It gives me hope! Truly, I think MOST people are well intentioned and “get it” once they understand what hunting really is and why it is so important. There will always be a few who won’t open their minds but I have to go after the people in the middle. Then there are a few truly evil people and organizations making huge money by pushing extinction and evil trophy hunters full of lies. Unfortunately their tactics work on most misinformed well meaning people.

:A Bravo:

EXCELLENT, Sue. Maybe a sequel is in the offing? Coming from a nonhunting female your book puts a whole new perspective on things. It shows no bias and states the facts.
Thanks @Newboomer. Originally I had no intentions of writing a second book. I made so many mistakes and learned so many things the hard way...BUT now I have already made those mistakes (although I'm sure I will make more)...so I AM going to write another book. Tanzania was SUPPOSED to be our one and only trip...but you know that never happens. LOL. So we went to Nambia two years ago. My next book will be about that and will be able to offer a bit of different perspective when wildlife is "owned" by the landholders. I hope to start it SOON!

We or atleast myself think of ways to change people's minds. Sure we have been able to get through to a limited audience. What most people dream about doing you are accomplishing.

Congratulations!

Appreciate your efforts, you truly are making a difference.

We or atleast myself think of ways to change people's minds. Sure we have been able to get through to a limited audience. What most people dream about doing you are accomplishing.

Congratulations!

Appreciate your efforts, you truly are making a difference.
Thanks @Inline6 for saying that. I really appreciate the support. As a first-time self-published author, it has been a challenging journey....BUT Africa and its people won my heart....so I will continue to fight for them!

It was already enjoying the evening reminiscing about Tarzan (thanks to the Tarzan video and post by @Jfet.) Then I went to my Goodreads account which I RARELY do and found this AMAZING REVIEW! Another anti-hunter changed. YAY! Rick is in Seattle so I have no one to share my excitement with. So, AH gets to hear about it. After all the sleepless nights and hours and hours camped at the keyboard, reviews like this make it all worthwhile.....View attachment 513688View attachment 513689
View attachment 513690
@Sue Tidwell
I was watching TV last night on Anthony Beaudine I think his name is. He did a story on well healed Americans hunting Africa.
Absolutely brilliant. He had the opportunity to take a warthog with a crossbow but just couldn't do it. The PH/conservationist told him some can and some can't kill an animal. Those that can't don't mid eating what is hunted tho.. The PH also trapped wild game, usually bucks or the male of the species to introduce new breeding stock into his herds. Anthony could understand breeding animals just so they can be hunted.
By the end of the show and after much explaining to him he finally got the idea behind it.
THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THESES ANIMALS ALIVE IS TO KILL THEM.
He finally understood that to preserve these animals they have to be of value. If they aren't they are no use and people eill end up destroying the bush so they can run an uneconomical species like cattle. This would destroy the natural environment and these game animals would be extinct in a couple of generations as they would have no natural environment.
He finally go the idea that the only way we can save these animals is by killing them and agreeded with the philosophy.
Unfortunately I didn't get to see the whole show but when it comes on again I will definitely watch it all.

It would be great to show it to all ANTI hunters so they might get the picture of what we do as Nd why we do it.
Bob

@Flewis i think in large part it is because I am a non hunter who started our very skeptical …and as the adventure goes and I learn from the people of Masimba camp my mind changes. So they learn through an emotional connection with the people I met and stories rather than through facts. Then I do back up what I learned from non-hunting biologists (not hunting organizations). Unfortunately too many people turn off to the truth as soon as they see it coming from a hunter because they have skin in the game. At least that is my perception from the feedback I receive. Whatever the reason, I am just thrilled the book is doing its job with some people.
@Sue Tidwell
Where can I get a copy of the book
Bob

@Sue Tidwell
I was watching TV last night on Anthony Beaudine I think his name is. He did a story on well healed Americans hunting Africa.
Absolutely brilliant. He had the opportunity to take a warthog with a crossbow but just couldn't do it. The PH/conservationist told him some can and some can't kill an animal. Those that can't don't mid eating what is hunted tho.. The PH also trapped wild game, usually bucks or the male of the species to introduce new breeding stock into his herds. Anthony could understand breeding animals just so they can be hunted.
By the end of the show and after much explaining to him he finally got the idea behind it.
He finally understood that to preserve these animals they have to be of value. If they aren't they are no use and people eill end up destroying the bush so they can run an uneconomical species like cattle. This would destroy the natural environment and these game animals would be extinct in a couple of generations as they would have no natural environment.
He finally go the idea that the only way we can save these animals is by killing them and agreeded with the philosophy.
Unfortunately I didn't get to see the whole show but when it comes on again I will definitely watch it all.

It would be great to show it to all ANTI hunters so they might get the picture of what we do as Nd why we do it.
Bob
Gosh @Bob
@Sue Tidwell

Bob
gosh Bob, that is awesome to hear. It all makes total common sense when we can just get people to listen. It is too bad there isn’t more stuff like this on TV! If you hear of it playing again, let me know. I will try to do a post on it or something also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg