Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
No. to have a Zebra hide you must have a dead Zebra. I have shot all of mine with a .375 and Barnes tsx. Had a small X on the opposite side but no tracking.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Bruce

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA/ Cape Hunters/ SA Hunters Association
Hunted
Namibia/Zimbabwe/Zambia/ South Africa/ Botswana/ Tanzania
Taxidermist can work wonders with holes!
Kill it...then skin it!!!
They ARE tough SOB's...

Ironhorse375

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMBS life member, NRA, DU
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, United States
The TSX bullet did a fine job , clipping a portion of the heart he didn’t go far. ButI got to say all that fat around his ticker reminded me of some of my patients, just a setup for a huge myocardial infarction. Good thing I was there and saved him a trip to the cath lab.

Bob O

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA (Utah, Arizona, Nevada) South Africa (Limpopo)
I am planning on hunting zebra on my trip to SA and would like to prevent damage to the hide.
I have been using 300gr Nosler Partitions as they give me the best accuracy in my 375H&H.
Should I switch to 300gr Nosler Solids to prevent damage to the farside hide or will this just make things worse?
I shot my zebra with a 300 RUM 180 gr Nosler Accubond Trophy Grade cartridge at 70 yards. The velocity is 3050 fps at 100 yards, and it only took one shot to the front quarter shoulder. It dropped right where it was drinking, and there was minimal damage to the hide, with no exit wound.

Attachments

• qz4thw.jpg
    qz4thw.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 10mlm2p.jpg
    10mlm2p.jpg
    858.3 KB · Views: 133
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
I shot my zebra with a 300 RUM 180 gr Nosler Accubond Trophy Grade cartridge at 70 yards. The velocity is 3050 fps at 100 yards, and it only took one shot to the front quarter shoulder. It dropped right where it was drinking, and there was minimal damage to the hide, with no exit wound.

Bob O
My zebra 120yards 225 grain woodleigh PPSP in 35 Whelen, impact velocity 2,600+fps. You can see the bullet hole a couple of inches above the chevron.
20200125_105551.jpg

225 grain woodleigh from just under the skin on the offside.
20200101_213629(0).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitchel76S

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.