on a lighter note...

We did not have fancy gadgets like that in the photo. Our very rural school had first through fourth grade in one room and fifth through eighth grade in another room. One teacher per room. Total students both rooms maybe forty. A 25 mile bus ride for high school. Attendance was not good . There was hay to pitch, post holes to dig and cattle to work
 
Last edited:
We did not have fancy gadgets like that in the photo. Our very rural school had first through fourth grade in one room and fifth through eighth grade in another room. One teacher per room. Total students both rooms maybe forty. A 25 mile bus ride for high school. Attendance was not good . There was hay to pitch, post holes to dig and cattle to work
Yep. The last HS I taught in Montana had 22 kids including 7th & 8th grade. Elementary a few (empty) blocks away was four rooms including the cafeteria where we also had lunch. I sometimes rode my horse to school and picketed her in the empty lot across the street. About four miles one way. My Lab usually went to school with me and laid on the maintenance guy's couch in the boiler room. She'd walk to elementary with me for lunch and play with the kids on playground while I ate. Saw a fine buck just across the Yellowstone River while driving to school one snowy morning in season. Told my only senior boy to grab the barmaid's kid and get him to shoot it with my Springfield under back seat of my '73 Wagoneer. She was a single mom and they needed the meat badly. Hung it in the bus shop till head coach and I could cut it up for them. Shot a lot of Huns and sharpies driving in to that school. Those were the days. Too bad it didn't stay that way. Full of transplants and McMansions today.
 
IMG_5457.png
 
You betchum, Red Ryder. I put countless rolls through one of them. We'd buy them by the box.
Once I learned that you could set off a whole roll by smacking it with a hammer the rolls very seldom found their way into the pistol.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,308
Members
169,522
Latest member
EileenDrum
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top