Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
hunting-03.jpg

Bid on this HUNT AUCTION to win an amazing 7 DAY SAFARI, including KUDU, BUSHBUCK and WARTHOG, worth US$ 5,772 from Chris Troskie Safaris in the Waterberg Mountains of Limpopo Province in South Africa for 2010 or 2011

THIS AUCTION IS SPECIAL BECAUSE 100% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO THE SCI CHAPTER OF THE WINNER'S CHOICE! Not only can you win this great hunt but you can also support the Safari Club International (SCI). Bidding starts at $1,500.00, all bids are in US Dollars.

This hunting adventure is for a free range bow or rifle hunt (the area is not completely fenced) and will be conducted on foot or horseback or a combination of both. Bow hunting will be conducted from strategically placed blinds.

What to do if you want to bid on this 7 DAY BOW OR RIFLE HUNTING SAFARI AUCTION:

You must be a member of AH, if you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

You must enter your bid by doing a post on this thread that says the amount that you are bidding in US Dollars on this hunt auction, and the SCI Chapter that you would like the proceeds donated to. Post your bid below by clicking the "POST REPLY" button.

Post your bids between December 23, 2009 and February 28, 2010 at noon (12:00 pm) Pacific Standard Time. In order to prevent a rush of last minute bidding, the bid deadline will be extended by one hour for each new bid that is posted in the last hour of bidding (from 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time on) so that everyone who wants to bid has the opportunity to do so. Bidding will be closed when one hour has elapsed after the last bid has been placed. So don't wait for the last minute to bid!

To check out Chris Troskie Safaris hunting outfit, area, accommodations, photo gallery and a lot more, please visit the website at www.ct-safaris.com.

HUNT includes:
- 7 days / 6 nights (5 hunting days and arrival / departure day) for one hunter
- Accommodations
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Services of a licensed PH based on a 1X1 hunt (should the hunter elect to bring a hunting companion, with the second hunter will hunt at US$ 350 per day)
- 4X4 hunting vehicle or horse
- Trackers and skinners
- Field preparation of trophies
- 1x Kudu
- 1x Bushbuck
- 1x Warthog

HUNT excludes:
- Transport to Africa
- Transport to and from OR Tambo Airport, although it can be arranged at US$ 300 plus 14% government tax
- Accommodation prior to and after your hunting safari
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (at clients discretion)
- Additional days and/or trophies may be added at the regular price
- Observers may be added at the regular price
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional activities
- Taxidermy and shipping of trophies to final destination

We also ask that the prize winner post a detailed hunting report with pictures about their hunting safari with Chris Troskie Safaris and leave a rating and review in the hunting directory here on AfricaHunting.com. See official rules in post below.

Thanks to everyone who will be bidding on this Hunt Auction for which all of the proceeds will go to a SCI Chapter of the winner's choice!

Chris

ctsafaris.jpg

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunt Auction Official Rules

Hunt Auction Official Rules

1. This hunt auction is open to all registered members of AfricaHunting.com who are at least 18 years of age. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

2. To bid you must enter your bid by doing a post on this thread that says the amount that you are bidding in US Dollars on this hunt auction, and the SCI Chapter that you would like the proceeds donated to. Post your bid below by clicking the "POST REPLY" button.

3. Post your bids between December 22, 2009 and February 28, 2010 at noon (12:00 pm) Pacific Standard Time. In order to prevent a rush of last minute bidding, the bid deadline will be extended by one hour for each new bid that is posted in the last hour of bidding (from 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time on) so that everyone who wants to bid has the opportunity to do so. Bidding will be closed when one hour has elapsed after the last bid has been placed. So don't wait for the last minute to bid!

4. Your bid indicates the amount that you are willing to pay to purchase this hunt. Each bid is a commitment to pay, but the winning bid amount is due ONLY if you win the auction.

5. The winning bid amount shall be paid directly to the SCI chapter of winner's choice within seven (7) days of winning the auction as a personal donation. Confirmation by a board member of the SCI chapter indicated of the completion of this donation must be received by AfricaHunting.com to finalize this auction.

6. The auction winner will be announced upon completion of this auction in this thread. The auction winner will be notified by email upon completion of this auction, at the email address provided on their registration form for AfricaHunting.com. No other attempt to contact the winner will be made.

7. If the SCI Chapter does not receive donation payment from the high bidder within seven (7) days of the conclusion of the auction, we will offer the hunt auction to the second highest bidder or possibly re-run the hunt auction. We will let the other bidders involved in the auction know by private message or email.

8. The hunt must be taken by December 1, 2011 with dates to be decided and agreed upon between auction winner and Chris Troskie Safaris. Reservations must be made at least 2 months in advance.

9. This hunt is non-transferable, non-assignable, non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and no substitutions will be offered.

10. Except where prohibited by law, the winner of the hunt auction agrees that Chris Troskie Safaris and AfricaHunting.com or those acting under its authority may use the winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, for advertising and promotional purposes without consideration or further permission.

11. Chris Troskie Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents, are not responsible for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost bid posts; and/or any auction disruptions beyond its control.

12. Participants and the winner of the hunt auction are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this auction and hunt, and the acceptance and/or use of the auction and hunt. By participating and/or by acceptance or use of the auction and hunt, all entrants and bidders agree to release and hold harmless Chris Troskie Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, other sponsors and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any liability arising in connection with the use of the auction and hunt.

I would like to bid $1,600 USD, not sure which local SCI chapter at this time.

I would like to bid $1,600 USD, not sure which local SCI chapter at this time.

Thanks for your opening bid jaustin!

Regards,

Well Chris it looks like I am the only one biddding on this so should we start planning now? I am thinking late in the season when it will be nice and warm (already tired of snow). Maybe adding a big waterbuck? Should I bring the wife?

Ha. There is still a lot of time left on this one......

Jaustin, like Tom says - there's still quite a bit of time left so starting to plan may be a little premature.

But to answer your questions - adding waterbuck won't be a problem, we got some good bulls this year like this one...

watermark.php

...and yes I would definitely recommend bringing the wife with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple questions for you before I bid. Can I add days and animals? I may only get to Africa once or twice and I want to make the most of the few chances I have. Three animals just isnt enough.

wanna-be.................yes you can add days and animals at the regular prices for daily rates and trophy fees. If you re-read the announcement it is in there.
This sounds like a great opportunity and you can build on it.:)

Sorry, your right. I found it. I just skimmed through it the first time. Thanks dude.

Bid

I BID $1800.00 US WITH THE MONEY GOING TO THE SUTTER BUTTES CHAPTER OF SCI GEORGE KNOOP

Thanks for your bids guys!

Can the bushbuck and warthog be exchanged with another animal? For instance nyala or springbok or gemsbok? Or will these have to be paid for as additional game even if hunter does not want to pursue bushbuck & warthog?

gknoop & FrancoisSteyn, thanks for your bids!

Ryan, the auction hunt is a free range hunt for species that naturally occur in our area. This is why these particular species were included in the hunt I offered for auction - we have an abundance of them and I believe that one would have a fair chance of successfully hunting representative specimens in the time allocated for the hunt. Nyala does not naturally occur here - nor does Springbok and I hunt these two species in other hunting areas in other provinces which equals additional travelling time and in turn impacts on hunting time. There are also cost factors involved... especially in terms of the additional travelling.

To keep things simple I think the best (safest) approach is to say that - should the winner of the auction not want to hunt some of the animals included in the auction package this would be his choice but substitution of animals is not possible. Additional days may be booked and additional / other animals may be hunted though as per my original posts.

Regards,

THanks for the feedback Chris...
I bid $1,900 and yet to decide which chapter will be funded.

I will bid 2000.00 and will state the SCI chapter later :)

Thanks

Thanks for your bids Ryan and Milford!

Thanks to all who have bid so far!

3000 with a chapter to be determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg