Howdy from Texas

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to help with your journey to hunt Africa. Lots of knowledgeable people on here.

Reactions: MTA
Welcome aboard MTA89. You won't find a better site to research when you are looking for information relative to hunting Africa. Your 300 Win. Mag. and .308 will take African Plains Game just fine. I'd take both if I were you. That way you'll have a suitable back-up gun in case there is a problem. My preference is to use rifles that I'm familiar with. If you don't use them already, read up on the use of "shooting sticks." You'll be required / expected to use them in Africa. Using the AH Search function is the easiest way to find the info you are looking for. It you have a question whose answer is illuding you don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome aboard MTA89. You won't find a better site to research when you are looking for information relative to hunting Africa. Your 300 Win. Mag. and .308 will take African Plains Game just fine. I'd take both if I were you. That way you'll have a suitable back-up gun in case there is a problem. My preference is to use rifles that I'm familiar with. If you don't use them already, read up on the use of "shooting sticks." You'll be required / expected to use them in Africa. Using the AH Search function is the easiest way to find the info you are looking for. It you have a question whose answer is illuding you don't hesitate to ask.
I appreciate the tip sir. I have some experience hunting Axis deer off of sticks but I am not a pro by any means just yet. I am going to invest in a pair of my own for some practice.

Welcome to the family and the forum, you are in the right place!

Hello and welcome!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome from a fellow Texan!

Howdy everyone, I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and decided to join as I am moving from the "I would love to hunt in Africa" phase to the "I am going to go hunt in Africa" phase. Still doing research on where to go/who to use, but there are tons of great threads and information on here so I promise I wont be an FNG and post a thread without searching extensively first.

Aside from that, I am an avid hunter here in the US with most of my hunting done in south Texas and Pennsylvania. My uncle recently acquired more land in Wyoming so I am looking forward to tagging a moose up there in the future. I am a big 30 cal fan and use the 308 and .300wm quite often. I also am into reloading and try not to use factory ammo for my hunting if possible. Thanks for reading !
Glad to make the acquaintance. Lots of great folks here who have a wealth of experience so don't be bashful asking any questions. Always glad to help out. As far as just getting into things, just keep in mind that everyone starts at the same place with the first step. You've just done that, so enjoy the journey. Welcome to the group.

Thanks man whereabouts are you in our great state? I am up near the OK border
I live on and operate a ranch west of San Angelo. Check out my hunt Reports and videos. I think you will like them.

Good deal. Come see my trophy room sometime on your way down!
That sounds like a plan and I would really enjoy that. Id typically be down there this early summer and fall but I will be going to South Africa for my first safari instead! Ive got dates set with KMG. Just need to get the final confirmation from them

Howdy from NTX

Howdy from Aggie Land. I too do a bunch of hunting up north. Its a lot different hunting up there compared to South Texas. Good luck on that WY Moose Tag Draw. I've been applying for years and still haven't gotten lucky. Points creep is a killer.

Hey man where in NTX? Im in fannin county kinda near Bonham
You are not far at all..... I am originally from Denison, family still there. I'm down here in Allen now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg