Howdy from Australia

Welcome STD. By now you're probably thinking "you've fallen in amongst thieves." BTW that is a quote from an old John Wayne movie. I have two 404 Jeffrey(s) that shoot under an inch at 100 yds. No reason not to take one on a Buffalo hunt. I'm sure that you've figured out that we have a little fun on this site, good natured ribbing and such, but there isn't a better place to get serious answer to hunting and or shooting related questions.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

@Velo Dog
If'n Khomas wants a change from the China flu you could always have STD hunt with you. Sorry mate couldn't resist it.
Bob

When I first joined the world’s greatest forum here a few short years ago, Mr. Spike T. got quite a bit of humorous mileage out of converting my screen name to the simple initials, VD.
I expect him to lump STD and VD together one of these days soon, for a proverbial victory lap, LoL.

Welcome to the forum STD. The line Shootist43 mentions is from In Harms Way. John Wayne is talking to an Aussie Coast Guard when he says that. The Aussie's reply is along the lines of "and glad to have"

If you want good reasonably priced brass for the 404 ,look at Bertram brass. He is based in Seymour VIc. I get his seconds for the 416 Rigby. I do not know what is second about them all are doing as well as my Norma and Hornady and have been used more. Enjoy.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

New member keen to learn. Have been hunting for a long time. Went to SA chasing Plains game 18 years ago. Hopefully getting to Mozambique next year if the virus allows. Have bought a 404J to chase Cape Buff. Looking for advice from those with first hand experience.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, .404 Jeffrey great choice!

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very nice Fallow in your avatar. Have a passion hunting them down here in the Eastern Cape with the bow on foot during the rut.

@STD
Have you heard that Woodleigh had a big fire so you might have to make a lot of phone calls to get some
Bob
Yep my usual supplier is out. Bertram also make a 400gn which performs very similarly. There is talk that they are not going to rebuild. Not sure if it is true.

I've been following the Woodleigh story on a couple of forums.

One source said that most of the stock and machinery is damaged.

All motors on the equipment are damaged but the equipment has been turned over by hand. That offers some hope.

Hydros are made at another site?

Geoff McDonald is over 70

We all hope they rebuild and can sell it as a going concern

Yes Hydros are made by the bloke who invented/designed them in Melbourne I believe. Geoff was just the distributor and does not hide that fact. Just have to wait and see what happens re distribution of the Hydro's.

Latest story I hear is that it was mainly the stock that was lost. Machinery apparently didn't get damaged much. There is also the rumour that they are seriously considering getting going again. I hope this info is correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross