Howdy from Australia

STD

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
ADA, SSAA
Hunted
SA, NZ, New Caledonia, Australia
New member keen to learn. Have been hunting for a long time. Went to SA chasing Plains game 18 years ago. Hopefully getting to Mozambique next year if the virus allows. Have bought a 404J to chase Cape Buff. Looking for advice from those with first hand experience.

Welcome STD! Never thought I would ever say that ;). Glad you found us!

Good luck with your hunt in Moz.
Welcome to AH.

STD, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of you Aussies on here! Mozambique is a dream hunt of mine. Best of luck having a Moz adventure! Please write us a report and throw in some pictures!

Welcome aboard!

New member keen to learn. Have been hunting for a long time. Went to SA chasing Plains game 18 years ago. Hopefully getting to Mozambique next year if the virus allows. Have bought a 404J to chase Cape Buff. Looking for advice from those with first hand experience.
Hello from a fellow Queenslander that, 404 is going to be expensive to run. ;)

Why do you say that? I don't think I will be rattling off hundreds of rounds a week.
I have seen the cost of brass dies & projectiles for the 404 J, but really i would love one my self please do not take offense, i am just joking with you i am building a 9.3x62 as a more affordable option.

I have seen the cost of brass dies & projectiles for the 404 J, but really i would love one my self please do not take offense, i am just joking with you i am building a 9.3x62 as a more affordable option.
Talk to Anthony George on messenger before you commit. Very reasonable prices.

@STD
Welcome aboard to the best forum around mate from a new south welshman.
Not being a smartarse but I would change my initials from STD or be prepared to be shit stirred.
I notice you are from QLD, there are a few great members from up there like @rdog, @Rule 303 and @Dr Ray.
All good blokes, you have to watch some of the mericans tho they will try and lead you down the path of the double or the Blaser R8 and before you know it your hooked.
Once again welcome aboard mate.
Bob

Welcome !

Did you shoot your Fallow Buck in NZ near Queenstown ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg