Howdy from Alaska

Greetings Wildwillalaska,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live in Anchorage or if you ever have occasion to be in Anchorage, give me a shout and hopefully we can do lunch.

Meanwhile, I shall look forward to your hunt report.
Buffalo hunting is special.
See attached picture.
I predict that you will more than enjoy it.

And your daughter is a hunter, bravo I say.
Both of my sons are hunters (in their 40’s already).
My older son is more deeply into it than my younger son is.
And he has hunted Namibia with me.
His main passion is archery but also sometimes switches to rifle and / or shotgun, also traditional muzzle loader now and then, as circumstances dictate.
See attached pic.

Guys like you and myself are blessed to have children who are fully in touch with reality and thereby enjoy their rightful place in the food chain with us.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

IMG_9695.png
IMG_9504.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Wildwillalaska,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live in Anchorage or if you ever have occasion to be in Anchorage, give me a shout and hopefully we can do lunch.

Meanwhile, I shall look forward to your hunt report.
Buffalo hunting is special.
See attached picture.
I predict that you will more than enjoy it.

And your daughter is a hunter, bravo I say.
Both of my sons are hunters (in their 40’s already).
My older son is more deeply into it than my younger son is.
And he has hunted Namibia with me.
His main passion is archery but also sometimes switches to rifle and / or shotgun, also traditional muzzle loader now and then, as circumstances dictate.
See attached pic.

Guys like you and myself are blessed to have children who are fully in touch with reality and thereby enjoy their rightful place in the food chain with us.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
I’m in Soldotna, but in Anchorage relatively often between occasional Costco runs and the like. I talked myself into a last minute addition for this hunt and will hopefully have to run up to get another customs form sometime after this Friday if FedEx can make decent time from NJ to Kenai. Harder part appears finding 416 Rigby ammo to ensure function and setup. Luckily in Denver for a week+ before flying out, so will have some sent there for more practice and final prep.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Greetings Wildwillalaska,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live in Anchorage or if you ever have occasion to be in Anchorage, give me a shout and hopefully we can do lunch.

Meanwhile, I shall look forward to your hunt report.
Buffalo hunting is special.
See attached picture.
I predict that you will more than enjoy it.

And your daughter is a hunter, bravo I say.
Both of my sons are hunters (in their 40’s already).
My older son is more deeply into it than my younger son is.
And he has hunted Namibia with me.
His main passion is archery but also sometimes switches to rifle and / or shotgun, also traditional muzzle loader now and then, as circumstances dictate.
See attached pic.

Guys like you and myself are blessed to have children who are fully in touch with reality and thereby enjoy their rightful place in the food chain with us.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
The sheep in my avatar is actually my youngest daughter’s she took in 2022, and photo she took of me in the moment which is likely my favorite hunting photo. At age 10, Harper drew one of 4 Mt. Harper tags her first year in the draws. I’d put in for that tag forever and she draws its right out of the gate. Maybe it was namesake luck. She earned it too, hiking around 60 miles of boulder fields, steep ups and down with heavy for her pack, rolling into camp exhausted at 2:00am in the dense fog after she tagged out. True adventure for her. Now that she’s closing in on 13, she like her hair and girly things as much as hunting, so expect Africa with showers and non-freeze dried meals will be right up her alley.

IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5445.jpeg
IMG_3472.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Will. My son played hockey for the Kenai Cardinals. We’ve probably been in the rink together!
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,310
Members
169,524
Latest member
hunverealo1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top