Howdy from Alaska

Greetings Wildwillalaska,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live in Anchorage or if you ever have occasion to be in Anchorage, give me a shout and hopefully we can do lunch.

Meanwhile, I shall look forward to your hunt report.
Buffalo hunting is special.
See attached picture.
I predict that you will more than enjoy it.

And your daughter is a hunter, bravo I say.
Both of my sons are hunters (in their 40’s already).
My older son is more deeply into it than my younger son is.
And he has hunted Namibia with me.
His main passion is archery but also sometimes switches to rifle and / or shotgun, also traditional muzzle loader now and then, as circumstances dictate.
See attached pic.

Guys like you and myself are blessed to have children who are fully in touch with reality and thereby enjoy their rightful place in the food chain with us.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

IMG_9695.png
IMG_9504.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live in Anchorage or if you ever have occasion to be in Anchorage, give me a shout and hopefully we can do lunch.

See attached picture.

His main passion is archery but also sometimes switches to rifle and / or shotgun, also traditional muzzle loader now and then, as circumstances dictate.
See attached pic.

Guys like you and myself are blessed to have children who are fully in touch with reality and thereby enjoy their rightful place in the food chain with us.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
I’m in Soldotna, but in Anchorage relatively often between occasional Costco runs and the like. I talked myself into a last minute addition for this hunt and will hopefully have to run up to get another customs form sometime after this Friday if FedEx can make decent time from NJ to Kenai. Harder part appears finding 416 Rigby ammo to ensure function and setup. Luckily in Denver for a week+ before flying out, so will have some sent there for more practice and final prep.

Welcome to AH!

I live in Los Anchorage.

See attached picture.

See attached pic.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
The sheep in my avatar is actually my youngest daughter’s she took in 2022, and photo she took of me in the moment which is likely my favorite hunting photo. At age 10, Harper drew one of 4 Mt. Harper tags her first year in the draws. I’d put in for that tag forever and she draws its right out of the gate. Maybe it was namesake luck. She earned it too, hiking around 60 miles of boulder fields, steep ups and down with heavy for her pack, rolling into camp exhausted at 2:00am in the dense fog after she tagged out. True adventure for her. Now that she’s closing in on 13, she like her hair and girly things as much as hunting, so expect Africa with showers and non-freeze dried meals will be right up her alley.

IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5445.jpeg
IMG_3472.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Will. My son played hockey for the Kenai Cardinals. We’ve probably been in the rink together!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syncro76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?