How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

Bombed out on a Bushpig with the bow on Saturday. Heard them growl in the footpath next to me when they picked up my scent.
Will wait for the perfect wind direction, maybe this week and send him a Muzzy with love.

Last fall I posted a pic on this thread of a giant whitetail buck that I dedicated my 2017 season to. I sat in my blind from dark to dark for 10 days and never got a glimpse of him.

Fast forward to 2018 and I started getting pics of him again! Today was the rifle opener in my home zone so I was back in the blind expecting another marathon sit. To my amazement at 3:20 in the afternoon he came strolling in without a care in the world. I carefully opened the window and got my rifle out the window but he turned and stood straight away from me. I impatiently waited for my opportunity and as soon as he showed me a bit of shoulder I sent a 7mm Barnes TTSX his way. A short trail job later and I had my hands on him after a two year wait. He lost a little bit from 2017, but is still a dream buck and I'm still pinching myself!

IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an incredible buck. Congratulations.

Last fall I posted a pic on this thread of a giant whitetail buck that I dedicated my 2017 season to. I sat in my blind from dark to dark for 10 days and never got a glimpse of him.

Fast forward to 2018 and I started getting pics of him again! Today was the rifle opener in my home zone so I was back in the blind expecting another marathon sit. To my amazement at 3:20 in the afternoon he came strolling in without a care in the world. I carefully opened the window and got my rifle out the window but he turned and stood straight away from me. I impatiently waited for my opportunity and as soon as he showed me a bit of shoulder I sent a 7mm Barnes TTSX his way. A short trail job later and I had my hands on him after a two year wait. He lost a little bit from 2017, but is still a dream buck and I'm still pinching myself!
View attachment 257534
View attachment 257535
View attachment 257536
WOW! Now that is a stud of a buck! Congrats!

The buck of my dreams!!!!

View attachment 257538 View attachment 257535 View attachment 257536

Great buck, congratulations

WOW, what a beast! Congrats!!!

View attachment 257538 View attachment 257535 View attachment 257536
Solid deer!

Yesterday wife asked if I could take the kid out so she could get the house ready for Thanksgiving.
I had no intention of even chambering a round then this guy walked out and I was glad I brought hearing protection for the kid...

IMG_7601.jpg

Yesterday wife asked if I could take the kid out so she could get the house ready for Thanksgiving.
I had no intention of even chambering a round then this guy walked out and I was glad I brought hearing protection for the kid...

View attachment 257679
Nice deer! I love big 4x4's!

Wow, another nice buck! Congrats!!!

View attachment 257679

Tenderloins for Turkey day. Best be thanking your wife.

View attachment 257679
Wow, another stud buck! You guys are killin’ me!
Tag soup on whitetail for me this year. Season ended yesterday.

I got to take my ex-stepson out for his first buck today. I started taking him hunting with me when he was 6 years old and he loved it right from the start. His very favourite place in the world is my parents farm and when he was 10 he rattled a nice buck in for me. Little did either of us know, that would be the last time he would get to hunt with me for 8 years. His Mom and I split and his father wouldn't allow him to hunt with me anymore. However this year he turned 18 and he decided he was hunting with me as he had not been able to kill a buck with his Dad. That all changed today when he dropped the hammer of my BLR .308 on a nice 4x4! He was beyond excited! The second pic is Ethan with my father. Old Grandpa was pretty proud!
IMG_2293.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

Well done, congrats to you guys! Oh, and nice buck too. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross