How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

Wow, that smile is priceless! Congrats!!!

Prairie Mule Deer (4x4) pursued all day and for many miles until he finally got out of the deep Coulees and hunkered down in some buck brush allowing the stalk.
No time allotted for great pictures with all the work to ensue. (Hunting in Africa with trackers is so damned easy at this point of the hunt.)

md buck.jpg

After caping this big guy out I determined that this is absolutely the most ancient critter I have ever hunted.
Literally one incisor left. Molars just about gone.
IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

Last edited:
Nice mulie! I'll bet he weighed a few pounds...Congrats!

Nice mulie, did you happen to use your 416? Looks like he was in full rut. They also take better pictures

Thanks.

I have found that the size of the deer increases exponentially with the absence of snow to drag the deer.

Distances and climbing required a lighter rifle. 300 Win Mag.
May take the 416 out for the last chance at a Whitetail buck.

Very nice! A Fallow is high on my wish list! Congrats.

Have not got to hunt much, but did manage to take this smaller 7 point last weekend. New to me interarms mark x 30/06 with 150 grain hornady interlocks.

IMG_2428.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great pics by many in this thread. I’ve had some good luck as well. Antelope and mule deer in Colorado, turkey with bow and bear with 7mm in PA. Still looking for whitetail here in PA
Image1543552295.724676.jpg
Image1543552382.982517.jpg
Image1543552430.163603.jpg
Image1543552483.807525.jpg

Way to go Lee!!

Well the 2018 season is over for my family. Tina shot her second whitetail in as many years today. We were joined by her son for the first time. He was quite excited!
IMG_2340.JPG

Good stuff all of you.

I miss deer hunting!! I love moose and caribou but for some reason in my eyes nothing compared to a big whitetail.. that being said I still haven't hunted mule deer or elk.

Very nice buck Mr. Hetrick!

What a great cape.
Congrats.

Yep, nice one Leslie. It was a WET day. I bailed out at 1:00.

Not bad at all. Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you