Heym, Rigby or Mauser?

Heym, Rigby or Mauser?

  • Heym Martini Express

  • Rigby Big Game

  • Mauser m98 Magnum


Results are only viewable after voting.
I have owned 2 of the 3.
M-70s I have owned plenty always works. Rigby single sq. Bridge, I have owned two #1, one of the original 189 .416 R & one of the reproductions, my repop would not reliably feed, poorly designed feed ramp on mine nothing like the original! The repop has a much better designed stock than the original.

I've heard the feeding issues have been resolved...do you know anything about whether that's true or not?
 
I have only handled, not shot, the Heym and the Rigby...Based on the "showroom handling" I like Heym much better. Ralph is a great guy and knows how to build a nice rifle. I especially like the stock design on the Heym. It fit me very well, the magazine box is made to fit each caliber properly and it was as smooth as glass. I would pick the Mauser as my second choice regardless of the lure of the Rigby fame. I simply like the lines of the Mauser little bit better. But really shooting each would be the best way to decide.
 
Last edited:
With that being said my dad has the Heym Martini Express in 404 Jeffrey, it is the nicest rifle I have ever handled and shot. The action is so smooth it is almost unbelievable. I also really like how the Heym magazine box is cartridge specific, no more flattened out bullets,cartridge sets against mag box at the shoulder. Great design in my opinion. If I were buying I would by the Heym.

This is correct.

I had handelt, shoot and hunted with all of the three and the Heym is the best.
Exspecialy then you want it in .375, because the Heym use different sices of the Magazine/box, and the one in .375 is a nice and beauty slime line.
 
How is the shape of the bolt on the Heyms Martini compared to the Rigby Big Game?
I know you can not fit a scope low onto a Rigby as the bolt won't clear when repeating...
Having grooves for Talley mounts, it would be a whole lot easier to get a sleek low mounted sope onto the Heym..!
Anyone in Scandinavia having a Heim Martini Express by the way?
 
Heym can make you the shape ("in the way you want or need them") of your bolt, on an custom basis.
And the price is not so high as it sounds.

Please contact them directly, you will be satisfied.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,321
Members
169,337
Latest member
guidesbcpoker
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top