Heym, Rigby or Mauser?

Heym, Rigby or Mauser?

• Heym Martini Express

• Rigby Big Game

• Mauser m98 Magnum

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have owned 2 of the 3.
M-70s I have owned plenty always works. Rigby single sq. Bridge, I have owned two #1, one of the original 189 .416 R & one of the reproductions, my repop would not reliably feed, poorly designed feed ramp on mine nothing like the original! The repop has a much better designed stock than the original.

I've heard the feeding issues have been resolved...do you know anything about whether that's true or not?

I have only handled, not shot, the Heym and the Rigby...Based on the "showroom handling" I like Heym much better. Ralph is a great guy and knows how to build a nice rifle. I especially like the stock design on the Heym. It fit me very well, the magazine box is made to fit each caliber properly and it was as smooth as glass. I would pick the Mauser as my second choice regardless of the lure of the Rigby fame. I simply like the lines of the Mauser little bit better. But really shooting each would be the best way to decide.

Last edited:
With that being said my dad has the Heym Martini Express in 404 Jeffrey, it is the nicest rifle I have ever handled and shot. The action is so smooth it is almost unbelievable. I also really like how the Heym magazine box is cartridge specific, no more flattened out bullets,cartridge sets against mag box at the shoulder. Great design in my opinion. If I were buying I would by the Heym.

This is correct.

I had handelt, shoot and hunted with all of the three and the Heym is the best.
Exspecialy then you want it in .375, because the Heym use different sices of the Magazine/box, and the one in .375 is a nice and beauty slime line.

How is the shape of the bolt on the Heyms Martini compared to the Rigby Big Game?
I know you can not fit a scope low onto a Rigby as the bolt won't clear when repeating...
Having grooves for Talley mounts, it would be a whole lot easier to get a sleek low mounted sope onto the Heym..!
Anyone in Scandinavia having a Heim Martini Express by the way?

Heym can make you the shape ("in the way you want or need them") of your bolt, on an custom basis.
And the price is not so high as it sounds.

Please contact them directly, you will be satisfied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross