Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
This is cut and pasted from the other network. Scott is a member here and has posted some in the recent history. Thought all here might want to know and perhaps help. Bruce

posted 08 April 2017 13:32
Folks,

Fellow Outfitter Scott van Zyl (@SS Pro Safaris) went missing yesterday while hunting out of Chikwaraka Camp in Zimbabwe. Details are sketchy at this point. All we know is that they have been searching for him since last night.

A helicopter was called in from Harare to aid in the search. This runs at $850/h. We envisage minimum 7 hours' flying time.

The Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum (LHLF) is pulling members together and asking for donations to fund the chopper search. I've already donated as have many others and so far we've bought roughly 4 hours' flying time.

If you can find it in your hearts and pocket books, I beg you to assist by means of a small donation towards this cause. Scott has a wife and small children. We have to do everything we can to help him out.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by larryshores:
How does one donate?

Larry, all funds thus far collected were paid into the RSA account of the Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum. At last count we had already collected more than R225K ($17K).

Those who wish to contribute can state so here or via pvt messaging / email to me. I will pass details on to the LHLF.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +1 (307) 441-4786
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on FB this morning too. There is a GoFundMe website for those who'd like to contribute.

https://www.gofundme.com/search-rescue-scott-van-zyl

Posted by @Salome de Villiers:
Yesterday 07 April 2017 Scott was out with his hounds and never returned, early this morning a huge search and rescue effort was set in motion with trackers, game scouts and all available bodies to assist in locating Scott in a huge hunting area in Zimbabawe. The funds raised is aimed to pay for all aircraft cost's as a helicoper had to be mobilized from Harare and is currently on its way but will cost $850 per hour per helicopter to assist in the search.

Any contribution is greatly appreciated and every prayer is welcomed for the safe return of Scott to his Wife and children.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.48.25 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you posted it as I was trying to cut and paste it but could not get it to work.

I hope and pray this has a happy ending and he is alright. Looks like the SA outfitters are pulling together to do the best they can for him.

made a small donation but the constant drip will fill the bucket. I meet Scott out in the bush in 2009. My PH and Scott were good friends and Scott was out checking leopard baits on the same concession we were hunting. Seemed like a stand up guy. God speed !!

Guys I talked to scotts wife and one of his PH this morning. They are extremely worried and we are trying to fund the chopper for as many hours as we can until he is found. It is very expensive at $850 per hour. Many of his friends and other PH have gone to the area to help search. All of his hounds and his tracker made it back to camp, but no sign of Scott. Please pray and contribute to the GoFundMe page if u can. Every bit helps.

That's not good. Really praying this is a sprained ankle situation and that he is found quickly.

Reactions: BWH
They were trying to sort two different tracks in two diff areas best I can get.

UPDATE #3: Darkness caught up with the search and rescue team. It's 7:09PM over here in Africa. Currently there is patrols from the SANDF (South African National Defence Force) on the border, there's also a tracking team who will keep tracking as long as they can from here onward. Helicopters will resume search and rescue at first light tomorrow morning. I will post an update again as soon as i receive new information! THANK YOU to each and everyone who made a contribution up till now, you are keeping our teams on the ground and in the air. Please keep sharing and contributing. Thank you!

I hope this search has a positive ending for everyone involved.

what were they tracking when he went missing?

I do hope Scott is found and in good time. I can't imagine what his family would be going through now. Going over to GoFundMe now to make my own donation.

Evening all
The last report I got from someone on the ground was that they had found his back pack and camel pack on the banks of the Limpopo river. Unfortunately they haven't found Scott as off yet. The search will continue tomorrow.

Evening all
The last report I got from someone on the ground was that they had found his back pack and camel pack on the banks of the Limpopo river. Unfortunately they haven't found Scott as off yet. The search will continue tomorrow.
Any signs of Hippo or Croc. Would he have had a reason to enter the water? So unfortunate.

I just heard. Hope Scott is found safe. This is very unusual for someone like Scott who knows the bush as well as anyone even though this isn't his property the skills still apply. Scott and his family are good people.

Scott, his family & friends, as well as all involved in the search are in my prayers as I hope that all is ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg