Hello to All

CharlesT

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I have been shooting .22 off and on since I was a boy, but didn't started shooting center fire until later on in life, ten or eleven years ago. Since then I have collected a few rifles that are in calibers that mean something to me in some way. I reload for 6.5x55, 303 British, 44-40 and 9.3x62.

I bought an FN98 in 9.3x62 just for the hell of it about a year and a half ago and fell for the cartridge after the first shot. I found this site while searching for more stories about people who actually hunt with it.

I hope I can add somethings to the discussions, but I'm sure I will be mostly listening and learning.

C

Welcome to AH, Charles!

Welcome to AH CharlesT! Looking forward to your contribution and glad you found us.

Welcome to the AH community Charles. You will certainly find a wealth of knowledge and opinions here. Jump in and start a post.

CharlesT, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to your participation!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH.
You'll note plenty of other countrymen here.
Enjoy.

Giday Charles and welcome to the A H forums

Hi Charles, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH from a fellow Canuck, you will find lots of guys on here that shoot the 9.3x62

Welcome CharlesT!

Hello CharlesT,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Im +1 with Witold regarding the 9.3x62 Mauser.
If you take yours to Africa, you will be amazed at how effective it is, considering it has such tolerable recoil.
The 9.3x62 is truly a “big stick in a small bundle” (the 9.3x74R is as well).

Mine is built on a 1950’s vintage FN Commercial ‘98 Mauser action and looks a bit like the good old Pre-War sporters of those times (oval cheek piece, multiple leaf rear sight blades, flip up large white front bead sight, etc, etc).

Anyway thanks for joining.

Best regards,
Paul.
(Velo Dog)

Welcome aboard Charles T. Where in Ontario do you live? What do you do with your 6.5 x 55? I have been enamored with that caliber since 1996. For the most part I hunt White Tailed deer with mine but It has also gone to Africa and been used on Plains Game.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to the family and the forum @CharlesT! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Welcome aboard Charles T. Where in Ontario do you live? What do you do with your 6.5 x 55? I have been enamored with that caliber since 1996. For the most part I hunt White Tailed deer with mine but It has also gone to Africa and been used on Plains Game.
Shootist43, I'm in central Ontario cottage country. I use my Swede for deer to beaver. If I ever got a moose draw, I wouldn't hesitate to use it there either. I have a load developed for 160gr and have some Woodleigh's in stock for just that.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois