Hello from Wisconsin

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH Randy! Very nice set up.

Hi Randy, welcome to AH, and congrats on that man cave :D Cheers:

Hello Randy F,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Love what you’ve done with your “shed”, I say good show.

Cheers,
Paul.

Thanks Paul!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Randy F. That is quite a collection you have there, some of those White Tail Bucks are impressive. Any plans for more? BTW what caliber rifles were used?

Welcome to AH Randy - Great looking man cave!

Welcome to AH, very nice man cave!

Welcome aboard Randy F. That is quite a collection you have there, some of those White Tail Bucks are impressive. Any plans for more? BTW what caliber rifles were used?
Thank you for the nice compliment!

I like to stalk hunt mostly. I don’t mind a stand on public land if I’ve had the chance to scout it properly. When I’m on private land I know then I love the challenge of glassing and stalking...one-on-one competition so to speak. Particularly with a bow when there is a light rain quieting the leaves on a fall day. Heading into the wind on a secondary trail in bluff country on a misty day landed me a couple of them.
besides the bow, I like to mix it up. I’ve taken them with 30-06, 223, 5.56 AR, 30-30 and even 12 gauge slugs and 357 magnum pistol in brush country.
As for plans for more...absolutely! :giggle: The heart still pounds when even a little guy comes close. If that ever ends I’d probably give it up. At this point it’s more about the story for me so it’s almost as fun to let them go if they’re not old enough or weird enough. ;) Does that make any sense? Being out there is a rush. If I am fortunate enough to line up on a big guy, all the better.

Hi everyone,

I'm Randy, and this is an awesome forum with classy people, insightful advice, and amazing animal photos!! Congrats to all the successes!

I had an amazing opportunity to hunt in South Africa in 2016 for a couple of days when we went there to visit some friends. I only had 2 1/2 days to hunt so I was hoping for a chance at one nice Kudu. I came away with the Kudu, a Nyala, Waterbok, and an Impala. What an amazing place and great people!

So after a relocation for work I finally turned part of my shed into a bar/critter crib to do them justice along with a few others. Here are a few pics and I really don't know why the one insists on uploading sideways. Apologies for that.

View attachment 362905View attachment 362906View attachment 362908View attachment 362910View attachment 362911View attachment 362912View attachment 362913
Nice setup you have there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you