Hello from Washinton state, U.S.A.

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome aboard Nitro375. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Does your old gunsmith buddy belong to AH? If not get him to join, perhaps he will be able to answer some gunsmithing questions. Do you have a timeframe in mind for your first African hunt? What are you thinking about hunting?

Giday Nitro375 and welcome to the A H forums

Hello, long time lurker, now new member. Life long hunter and outdoorsman. Never been to Africa but I plan to go some day. My old retired gunsmith friend has many great stories from his trips to the "Dark Continent".
Thanks for letting me join, Cheers!
Welcome! Who was the gunsmith?

Nitro375, welcome to the AH forum! Glad you decided to join.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Nitro375!

Welcome aboard Nitro375. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Does your old gunsmith buddy belong to AH? If not get him to join, perhaps he will be able to answer some gunsmithing questions. Do you have a timeframe in mind for your first African hunt? What are you thinking about hunting?
Thanks Shootist43, Well lets see, Deer and Elk are my main focus here in my home state. With a little bear and birds mixed in. I could be classified as an average Joe, public land hunter, have yet to do any guided trips or anything like that. I had hoped to take a trip to Africa within the next five years before Covid hit, besides all the worldwide implications and loss of life, it has kind of put a dent in business and the old pocketbook you might say, but I'll get there. Am I a Handloader?; most definitely, the list of calibers I have loaded is pretty long, as is my list of rifles and calibers in the safe. Lately I have been doing a lot of work with the .270 Winchester, .30-06 and .300 Win Mag. I came to the .270 rather late in life and I have to say I really like it, nice round. My favorite rifle is an old Winchester Model 70 in .300 H&H. She is old reliable and helped me harvest an outstanding Blacktail Buck back in 2019.
Quick list of calibers I have loaded for, some are gone, some still remain...

.22 LR, OK I don't load for it but come on, can't not have one. :)
223 Rem
243 Win
25-06
257 Weatherby
270 Win
7x57mm
7mm Rem Mag
7.65 Argentine
308 Win
30-06
300 H&H
300 Win Mag
300 Weatherby
300 Super Mag
8mm Rem Mag
338 Win Mag
340 Weatherby
9.3x64 Brenneke
375 Ruger
375 H&H
405 Win
444 Marlin
45-70 Gov
45-90
450/400 N.E.

This is from memory so I may have missed one or two. My old gunsmith friend was also my rifle coach when I used to shoot Highpower rifle competition, His name is Jim Cloward, awesome guy, lots of knowledge. I don't think we'll ever get him on a forum though, LOL!

Thanks Shootist43, Well lets see, Deer and Elk are my main focus here in my home state. With a little bear and birds mixed in. I could be classified as an average Joe, public land hunter, have yet to do any guided trips or anything like that. I had hoped to take a trip to Africa within the next five years before Covid hit, besides all the worldwide implications and loss of life, it has kind of put a dent in business and the old pocketbook you might say, but I'll get there. Am I a Handloader?; most definitely, the list of calibers I have loaded is pretty long, as is my list of rifles and calibers in the safe. Lately I have been doing a lot of work with the .270 Winchester, .30-06 and .300 Win Mag. I came to the .270 rather late in life and I have to say I really like it, nice round. My favorite rifle is an old Winchester Model 70 in .300 H&H. She is old reliable and helped me harvest an outstanding Blacktail Buck back in 2019.
Quick list of calibers I have loaded for, some are gone, some still remain...

.22 LR, OK I don't load for it but come on, can't not have one. :)
223 Rem
243 Win
25-06
257 Weatherby
270 Win
7x57mm
7mm Rem Mag
7.65 Argentine
308 Win
30-06
300 H&H
300 Win Mag
300 Weatherby
300 Super Mag
8mm Rem Mag
338 Win Mag
340 Weatherby
9.3x64 Brenneke
375 Ruger
375 H&H
405 Win
444 Marlin
45-70 Gov
45-90
450/400 N.E.

This is from memory so I may have missed one or two. My old gunsmith friend was also my rifle coach when I used to shoot Highpower rifle competition, His name is Jim Cloward, awesome guy, lots of knowledge. I don't think we'll ever get him on a forum though, LOL!
.35 Whelen, how could I forget the Whelen?

Hello, long time lurker, now new member. Life long hunter and outdoorsman. Never been to Africa but I plan to go some day. My old retired gunsmith friend has many great stories from his trips to the "Dark Continent".
Thanks for letting me join, Cheers!
Welcome to the posting side of AH

:S Welcome: to AH!!

Wet Side??? What community? I am just east of Port Angeles, up in the foot hills.

Reloading? Yep, done some of that.

w2TnwzT.jpg

Barrel in one lathe, action in another.

61fyd47.jpg
tQ71KDR.jpg

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky12K91

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double