Hello from Washington State

Guy M

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Am contemplating a hunting trip to Africa, so I thought I'd stop in here and introduce myself.

Am an experienced hunter of small and large game, mostly in the Northwest. Also a fly fishing enthusiast. USMC veteran. Owner/operator of a small business.

VtoSyttl.jpg

VrdD7Eel.jpg

Have this rather nice .375 H&H Model 70 that has been seriously under-employed here in Washington:
bLiT2OXl.jpg

Am very interested in both Cape Buffalo and Gemsbok. Welcome any suggestions from you experienced African hunters.

Regards, Guy

Attachments

• VtoSyttl.jpg
    VtoSyttl.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 527
  • VrdD7Eel.jpg
    VrdD7Eel.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 222
  • bLiT2OXl.jpg
    bLiT2OXl.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 229
Welcome aboard! Nice looking model 70, and an even better looking bear!

Welcome to AH.
Start reading the hunt reports and also the deals and offers and you'll be on your way to Africa soon enough.

Enjoy.

Nice bear by the way.

Greetings Guy, welcome to AH! @AAA Africa Serapa Safaris can definitely set you up for a Gemsbok and/or Buffalo hunt. If you have any questions regarding Serapa, please let me know.

Hi Guy! Welcome from another WA guy from the wet side.

Hello and welcome aboard! Thank you for your service sir!

Welcome to AH sir! Man that is a nice bear!

Welcome to AH . Great community , enjoy.

Welcome to the forum Guy M! Man am I jealous of your "Teddy Bear"! I've made two attempts on Kodiak, but the stars weren't aligned.
Best

Havent taken Buffalo but taken 3 Gemsbuck and them dudes are tough. Shot my 1st one at 60 yds 375 H&H and barely flinched heart shot had to give him 2 to knock him over. Beautiful trophies. Buffalo next year for me

Welcome! Awesome bear! If looking for Gemsbok, IMHO, Namibia is the place to go. For buff, lots of options and price range.

What part of Washington state are you located? I spent 7 years as a youngster in eastern Washington at Fairchild, AFB. Loved that part of the world and northern Idaho too.

Welcome! Awesome bear! If looking for Gemsbok, IMHO, Namibia is the place to go. For buff, lots of options and price range.

What part of Washington state are you located? I spent 7 years as a youngster in eastern Washington at Fairchild, AFB. Loved that part of the world and northern Idaho too.

I'm in central Washington, Chelan County. Mountains on one side, the Columbia River on the other. I like it here!

Regards, Guy

I had my first experience fly fishing for steelhead in the OP last year. It was an amazing trip. Washington is a beautiful state and offers a lot for the sportsman.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to AH Guy M! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. You're defenitely closer to Africa by being here... ;)

Welcome aboard Guy M. You are going to fit right in with this crowd. Stick around AH for a little bit and the seriously under employed Model 70 is likely to become inundated with job offers. I for one would like to read the story behind the bear. That is a trophy most of us would love to have.

Welcome aboard Guy!! Like many others have already said, your in the right place for researching an African hunt. Be careful though, most of us here have a pretty serious addiction and we tend to draw others into it as well. Africa tends to get in your blood when you hang out here.

Welcome Guy. I lived on the 'wet side' of Washington for a few years myself....

You are in a good place for information on Africa. This site rocks! As mentioned before, Africa, for most, develops into a serious addiction! I can't wait to go back!

Welcome to AH. You are in the right place!

Welcome to AH, Guy, nice bear (y)

About the buffalo, definitely, this is something which every hunter dreams about !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.