Hello from the US

RafterMan

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Long time listener, first time caller. I have not been to Africa (yet) but I peruse this forum often, and figured I would join to torture myself further. I will have you know, I will go there at some point - I just need to win the lottery.

Anyhow, I have been fortunate to hunt many wonderful parts of the US. I look forward to learning more, and hopefully visiting Africa in the not too distant future.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Giday Rafterman and welcome to the A H forum

RafterMan, welcome to the forum! Be forewarned, once you have gone to the Dark Continent, you’ll definitely want to return again and again!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH RafterMan!

Welcome aboard Rafterman!

Hello RafterMan,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to the dark side. hang out here long enough and the enablers here will have you booking your first safari in no time.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome RafterMan. Nothing like a FIRST safari. Africa gets in your blood.

Welcome to AH and the posting side @RafterMan! Nice to have you part of our community and enjoy the forum.

RafterMan, I too welcome you to AH. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload? Out of curiosity, where do you live? To help you get to Africa sooner rather than later start a separate savings account and fund it whenever you can. there is an old adage that says "save the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." FYI, I doubt that many of us have won the lottery.

Welcome to AH RafterMan! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

RafterMan, I too welcome you to AH. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload? Out of curiosity, where do you live? To help you get to Africa sooner rather than later start a separate savings account and fund it whenever you can. there is an old adage that says "save the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." FYI, I doubt that many of us have won the lottery.

Nothing too exciting for me. Where I am at on the eastern shores of the US, it is nearly 100% bow hunting, mostly from a tree stand (climber) and sometimes a ground bind when not wet during season. I've hunted out west, to include Colorado big country for elk.

I have a Mathews bow which really is the key to most hunting around here. I actually sold a number of my rifles, as the ranges out east just are not like the west (where I lived years ago). I do have a nice Weaver custom in 30'06, and a Winchester 12g for birds - though mostly clays. I sometimes wish I hadn't sold some of those rifles, some custom, some older Model 70s. I've never owned a big bore magnum. Not really necessary in the CONUS. One thing I am looking to do is pistol hunting, hopefully this coming year for wild pig. I have both 41 magnum and 357 - I have been following some videos, and looks like a fun challenge.

I am saving my pennies. I have not invested in the lotto in a few years now... I will get to Africa at some point. A life long dream. While on the general covid shutdown here, I took time to finally read A Hunters Wanderings in Africa - great book! Old Selous had a sense of humor and a classic English temperament in rough situations - had some good laughs reading that, and really got me thinking of an African safari.

Welcome to the AH community RafterMan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross