Roy Wilmeth

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Tanzania
Hello everybody. My name is Roy Wilmeth. I'm from East Texas. I have been reading posts from this site for some time and finally decided to join. I am planning on taking my dad back to Africa in 2022 for a 2×1 7 day buffalo safari. We have been to Africa once 20 years ago. This is a surprise trip I am planning for his 70th birthday. I am searching for 2 rifles for us to take over there. My heart is set on one of them being a 404 Jeffery. If anyone knows where I could find one or has one for sale I would shure be interested. I am also looking at a 450/400 Ruger no 1 as second rifle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! You will get a lot of advice on your rifle purchase and keep watching the free classifieds section on here for a 404J for sale. They are very popular on this site, so if you see one it won't last long.
Interesting that you waited 20 years to return to Africa. My first hunt was in 1987. I thought I had it out of my system, but when I retired I got interested in hunting again and went back to Africa in 2018 and 2019 and have booked again for 2021. It's addictive, especially buffalo hunting.

Welcome to AH.

Roy, welcome to the forum! It is awesome you and your dad are going on an Africa adventure together. Hope you find the rifles you’re looking for.

Welcome to AH, Roy!

Welcome to AH. I want to say there was a Ruger 450/400 in the free classified section. You might have to go back a few pages to find it! @farrokhrt didn't you have one for sale some time back?

Giday Roy and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome abaord!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard Roy. You certainly picked a fine pair of rifles. Besides looking for an existing 404 Jeffery, you should also consider having one "built." Search older posts for references to gunsmiths that have built successful conversions.

Welcome to AH from another in east Texas.

Welcome to AH, I hope you find your 404 and 450/400.

Welcome to AH Roy! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Welcome Roy!

Roy welcome to a great site to get info and help for your trip.

Welcome Roy, those are two magic calibers. Hope you find the right guns.

Hello Roy Wilmer,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

For the rifles you seek, have a look in:
www.gunsinternational.com

Best regards,
Paul.

Hello everybody. My name is Roy Wilmeth. I'm from East Texas. I have been reading posts from this site for some time and finally decided to join. I am planning on taking my dad back to Africa in 2022 for a 2×1 7 day buffalo safari. We have been to Africa once 20 years ago. This is a surprise trip I am planning for his 70th birthday. I am searching for 2 rifles for us to take over there. My heart is set on one of them being a 404 Jeffery. If anyone knows where I could find one or has one for sale I would shure be interested. I am also looking at a 450/400 Ruger no 1 as second rifle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome Roy and happy planning!

Hi Roy, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois