Hello from South Africa

RichieG

AH member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My name is Rich and I'm from South Africa. I've been a keen reader of the Forums on AH and thought I had better sign up! Thanks for having me and all the advice I've used already.

I am a keen bird and game hunter and am lucky enough to own Mausers in 9,3x62 and 6.5x55. I find them superbly accurate and am looking to improve my shooting, hunting and reloading skills!

Thanks again for having me.

Cheers

Rich

Welcome to AH Rich! Looking forward to your participation.

Welcome to AH!

Hi Rich, welcome to AH !

Giday Rich and welcome to the A H forums

RichieG, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to hearing how your hunting goes.

Hello RichieG,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

welcome,a great site.

Welcome to AH RichieG!

Hello and welcome!

RichieG, I like you already. For my first PG hunt I took my 35 Whelen which is a kissing cousin (more or less ballistically identical)of your 9.3 x 62 and one of my beloved 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers. Where do you live and hunt in South Africa?

Welcome to the dark side, best hunting Africa site on the interweb.

Welcome to AH, Rich!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH. All the best in your hunting endeavors and success!

RichieG, I like you already. For my first PG hunt I took my 35 Whelen which is a kissing cousin (more or less ballistically identical)of your 9.3 x 62 and one of my beloved 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers. Where do you live and hunt in South Africa?
Shootist43
Thanks, I live and work in Joburg and lucky enough to hunt in the Kalahari, Karoo, Eastern Cape, and the lowveld. We really are very lucky with the diversity in flora and fauna here. Grassland and highland birds, PG in the desert or bushveld and DG in the bush.
The 6.5 Swede in a modern Mauser action shoots 143Eldx at a mild 2650 but very accurate and really effective. Hard not to love it and has been a great first rifle to use for my children and friends because it is so well behaved!

how do you find the supply of reloading components for the Whelen?
Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg