Hello from Shetland

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Hi. My name is James. I am from Shetland, a tiny island in the North Sea.

After being in Namibia for a month last July/August with friends I am more fascinated with Africa than ever before and cannot wait to return. No easy task coming from Shetland.

Here at home I enjoy shooting as much as I can, wildfowl in the winter then I focus more on the rifles and reloading in the summer.

While we were in Namibia I was lucky enough to do some hunting with friends of our friends and enjoyed every minute of it. We travelled around and did a lot of camping, the kids loved it. I hope we dont have to wait too long before we can return and get that red sand in our boots again.

Dear James,
Welcome to the forum!

I am fascinated with Namibia as well, after doing 2 safaris there in 2017 and 2018.
Tell us more of your trip, especially of camping and travelling around!

Hunters usually stay in hunting camp, bungalows, etc... and camping around sounds very interesting!
Thanks!

Welcome James, Shetland is that where those small horses come from? Love to see a hunting report from your trip to Namibia, it will probably be my first African hunting destination in a few years.

Welcome @James Adamson !

I worked on a project in the part of the North Sea affectionately known as "West of Shetland," which as I am sure you know has some of the fiercest sea conditions on Earth. I can understand your interest in Namibia!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome James - I'd be interested in hearing about your hunting in Namibia or Shetland!

Welcome to AH James!

Welcome to the AH community. Do share some about life on Shetland.

Welcome to AH James! Glad to hear that you had a great time in Namibia. Feel free to share some pictures with us.

I worked on a project in the part of the North Sea affectionately known as "West of Shetland," which as I am sure you know has some of the fiercest sea conditions on Earth.

Been there and done many tanker loading ops, gives "bad weather" a new meaning. Luckily the sea comes down quite fast when it stops blowing.

Here at home I enjoy shooting as much as I can, wildfowl in the winter then I focus more on the rifles and reloading in the summer

I would love to hear more about shooting in the Shetlands!

Welcome to AH.

Hi James, welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard James Adamson. What did you hunt in Africa? Did you use your own rifle(s) or rent them from your outfitter" Please share your experiences with us. Who knows you may answer a question that someone who has never been was about to ask.

Welcome to AH

James, welcome to the AH forum! Looking forward to your input.

Giday James and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg