Hello from Scotland

Reiver25

AH member
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
34
Reaction score
29
Location
Scotland
Member of
British Association for Shooting and Conservation
Hi
I have hunted since I was ten years old starting with catapults and air rifle before going onto shotguns and rifles. I worked as a professional gamekeeper and stalker for ten years, served as a soldier in the British Army and now teach gamekeeping with wildlife management at a local college. I stalk deer regularly and control foxes along with rough shooting during the shooting season.
I have always been interested in African game since reading Ruark and Hemingway as a youngster and hope to go to Africa one day on a cull hunt. I enjoy using open sights now and again usually with a Swiss K31 straight pull in 7.5x55mm and shot my first roe buck of this season.
I look forward to reading and digesting as much info as I can, I have been impressed by Peter Dafners videos on You Tube.
Best regards
Garry
 
Welcome to AH Garry! Looking forward to your hunting tails...
 
Welcome to the best forum Garry! Enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH Garry!
 
Welcome to AH... get working on that African hunt!!! PLENTY guys on here to help you.
 
Welcome!
 
Hi Garry, welcome to AH !
 
Welcome Garry!
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Hello Gary,

And, welcome to the best forum.
If you get the chance, do read the excellent book; "Hunter" by your fellow Scotsman, J.A. Hunter.
But be warned that, it will drive the needle of African addiction deeper into your soul.
Likewise, it might inspire you to sell your house and buy both a Magnum Mauser in .416 Rigby, as well as a .500 Nitro double with ejectors.

Seriously though, Welcome to AH.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the boards! Backpacked through Scotland in '08. Saw some really pretty country while I was there.
 
Welcome and enjoy the ride!
 
Welcome aboard!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,322
Messages
1,572,895
Members
169,634
Latest member
fun88chv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top