Hello from Scotland

Reiver25

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
British Association for Shooting and Conservation
Hi
I have hunted since I was ten years old starting with catapults and air rifle before going onto shotguns and rifles. I worked as a professional gamekeeper and stalker for ten years, served as a soldier in the British Army and now teach gamekeeping with wildlife management at a local college. I stalk deer regularly and control foxes along with rough shooting during the shooting season.
I have always been interested in African game since reading Ruark and Hemingway as a youngster and hope to go to Africa one day on a cull hunt. I enjoy using open sights now and again usually with a Swiss K31 straight pull in 7.5x55mm and shot my first roe buck of this season.
I look forward to reading and digesting as much info as I can, I have been impressed by Peter Dafners videos on You Tube.
Best regards
Garry

Welcome to AH Garry! Looking forward to your hunting tails...

Welcome to the best forum Garry! Enjoy!

Welcome to AH Garry!

Welcome to AH... get working on that African hunt!!! PLENTY guys on here to help you.

Welcome!

Welcome! You'll enjoy being a member here.

Hi Garry, welcome to AH !

Welcome Garry!

Welcome to AH sir!

Hello Gary,

And, welcome to the best forum.
If you get the chance, do read the excellent book; "Hunter" by your fellow Scotsman, J.A. Hunter.
But be warned that, it will drive the needle of African addiction deeper into your soul.
Likewise, it might inspire you to sell your house and buy both a Magnum Mauser in .416 Rigby, as well as a .500 Nitro double with ejectors.

Seriously though, Welcome to AH.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the boards! Backpacked through Scotland in '08. Saw some really pretty country while I was there.

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg