Hello from San Diego, CA

JDM

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, CRPA, RMEF
Hello everyone, I found this website during my frantic search for more info on all things Safari after a good friend introduced me to Peter H. Capstick by sending me "Death in the Long Grass", which I consumed within a few days. Suffice it to say I have been losing lots of sleep catching up with PHC's other works! I've been hooked ever since and now we're looking into a safari plan within the next couple of years. I come here in hopes of learning from and enjoying comraderie with those who are inflicted with the same bug.
Thank you,
JDM

PHC is a good read. Several times. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to AH JDM! Please send some San Diego weather eastward!!!

Welcome to AH!

Thanks Phil! RE: Weather, hah, ok, but where I live in the County it was 107 earlier this week....

I have it on good authority that JDM is "in rut" for some good safari stories.

Welcome to AH. You have found the place to start your planning.
Have fun.

Welcome to AH JDM! You've come to a good place… looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome @JDM. You've definitely come to the right place. I found this site a little over a year ago and am flying out tomorrow on my first African safari.

The safari planning guides are an outstanding place to start. The countless hunting reports will give you a great idea of what the various outfitters offer in terms of accommodations and game. And the members here are a wealth of information, having hunted in almost every country in Africa. You'll even occasionally hear from legendary PHs like Ivan Carter on this forum.

Thanks Phil! RE: Weather, hah, ok, but where I live in the County it was 107 earlier this week....

Sounds like El Cajon or someplace east of there.

@PHOENIX PHIL have you heard anything about flights getting delayed out of PHX due to heat? We're flying out tomorrow....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg