Hello from San Diego, CA

JDM

New member
Joined
Jun 24, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
San Diego, CA
Member of
NRA, CRPA, RMEF
Hello everyone, I found this website during my frantic search for more info on all things Safari after a good friend introduced me to Peter H. Capstick by sending me "Death in the Long Grass", which I consumed within a few days. Suffice it to say I have been losing lots of sleep catching up with PHC's other works! I've been hooked ever since and now we're looking into a safari plan within the next couple of years. I come here in hopes of learning from and enjoying comraderie with those who are inflicted with the same bug.
Thank you,
JDM
 
PHC is a good read. Several times. Welcome to the forum.
 
Welcome to AH JDM! Please send some San Diego weather eastward!!!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Thanks Phil! RE: Weather, hah, ok, but where I live in the County it was 107 earlier this week....
 
I have it on good authority that JDM is "in rut" for some good safari stories.
 
Welcome to AH. You have found the place to start your planning.
Have fun.
 
Welcome to AH JDM! You've come to a good place… looking forward to reading your posts.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome @JDM. You've definitely come to the right place. I found this site a little over a year ago and am flying out tomorrow on my first African safari.

The safari planning guides are an outstanding place to start. The countless hunting reports will give you a great idea of what the various outfitters offer in terms of accommodations and game. And the members here are a wealth of information, having hunted in almost every country in Africa. You'll even occasionally hear from legendary PHs like Ivan Carter on this forum.
 
Thanks Phil! RE: Weather, hah, ok, but where I live in the County it was 107 earlier this week....

Sounds like El Cajon or someplace east of there.
 
JDM,

:S Welcome: Enjoy the Forums.
 
@PHOENIX PHIL have you heard anything about flights getting delayed out of PHX due to heat? We're flying out tomorrow....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,350
Messages
1,573,773
Members
169,850
Latest member
GRZFredric
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top