Hello from Oklahoma

Welcome aboard Round Ball. Are you a black powder enthusiast? Please tell us a little more about yourself as it relates to hunting. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Do you have any thoughts or plans for hunting Africa? Any particular time frame? What African animals are you thinking about hunting?
Thank you Shootist43.

I'll try to answer your questions in the order you asked them.

No Sir, I am not really a black powder enthusiast. I have shit a few deer with various black powder guns, and that's about it.

I have always been interested in shooting deer at long range, with close range shots starting at 600 yards, with my furthest one-shot-kill being just over a mile.

Deer, hogs, coyote, crows, etc..

6mm-284

7mm STW

300 Weatherby Magnum

30-378 Weatherby Magnum

416 Rigby

Several other rifles in smaller cartridges like the 30-30 Ackley Improved, 7X30 Waters, etc..

I reload everything that I shoot.

If my health holds out, my dream hunt would be going after Cape Buffalo.

I have been doing a lot of work with the .690 lead Round Balls in the 12 ga., and have been casting, loading, shooting and hunting with them for over 30 years. Many many deer and wild hogs have been taken with my .690 Round Balls and loads over the years, and as long as shots are kept inside of 100 yards, those Round Balls will pretty much drop any deer or hog in it's tracks.

Welcome to the site Round Ball, from another Oklahoman.

Round Ball, have you heard about Nathan Foster? He is a long range hunter that lives in New Zealand. Quite an interesting fellow, that has written a number of books regarding "long range" hunting and shooting. Just in case you haven't, but I peeked your curiosity enough for you to take a look, here is a link to his website: https://www.ballisticstudies.com/

Shootist43, no, I have never heard of Nathan Foster.

I'll check out that link now. Thank you for posting it.

:S Welcome: to AH! I was born in Oklahoma and lived there many years. This is a very helpful site with a lot of friendly people!

Welcome to AH!

Shootist43, after reading through some of the material on the link you posted, I do in fact remember reading a lot of that information before. I just haven't thought about it for a while.

Round Ball, welcome on board the Africa adventure site! If you spend much time here, you will go to Africa!

Round Ball take a look at the books Nathan foster wrote. I believe he offers a small snippet of what each book contains. After reading several articles in the "Knowledge Base" I decided that he knew what he was talking about so I bought all five of his "Practical Guides"

No Sir, I am not really a black powder enthusiast. I have shit a few deer with various black powder guns, and that's about it.
Welcome R-B,
My son SHIT a few deer before he connected with a ML Sabot too! Lol.
you will find the personalities varied and enjoyable on here, it’s a great place!
cheers,
Cody

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Nice to have you part of our community and enjoy the forum.

Welcome R-B,
My son SHIT a few deer before he connected with a ML Sabot too! Lol.
you will find the personalities varied and enjoyable on here, it’s a great place!
cheers,
Cody
That was supposed to be "SHOT"!!!

I do NOT cuss or say any bad words, and can only blame it on either fat fingers, or the letters on my phone being too small!

My apologies for that word unintentionally showing up on my post.

That was supposed to be "SHOT"!!!

I do NOT cuss or say any bad words, and can only blame it on either fat fingers, or the letters on my phone being too small!

My apologies for that word unintentionally showing up on my post.
pretty obvious it was a mistake, I thought it was funny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatildaGra

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.