Hello from North Carolina

Breen Smith

New member
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I just had my first Africa experience and it was awesome! I'm a bow hunter. I attend a class on arrow penetration in Vegas at the last SCI convention there and so I brought two bows with me to Africa with two different weight arrows. I was surprised at the results. The heavy arrows were my key to success. I shot a Black Wildebeest at 34 yards with several Kudu 20 yards from me and they did NOT hear my bow! they didn't run! I had previously shot an old wart hog with the lighter faster arrows and they did not penetrate. It took 4 arrows to do the job! So I stuck with my heavy 650 grain arrows and my Hoyt carbon Defiant and I got a water buck, Impala, Sable and two more wart hogs that I killed with one shot and had complete pass-through on everything. I made a video of my experience. I owe Hans de Klerk a big debt of gratitude for such a great time with 5 star affordable accommodations, great food and a wonderful support team. I love that he has dogs to help the trackers if needed. This video is a thank you to him. He has poured his heart and soul into his place and it shows. My wife hunted also and she loved it. If anyone has anymore questions about my experience please ask here or my email is at the end of the video.
The video can be seen by going to you-tube and typing in Breen Smith hunting and it's the 5th video down.

Arrows true,
Breen Smith
 
Welcome to our place Breen. Post the video here in the video section as there will be a lot of interested viewers among the members.
 
I just had my first Africa experience and it was awesome! I'm a bow hunter. I attend a class on arrow penetration in Vegas at the last SCI convention there and so I brought two bows with me to Africa with two different weight arrows. I was surprised at the results. The heavy arrows were my key to success. I shot a Black Wildebeest at 34 yards with several Kudu 20 yards from me and they did NOT hear my bow! they didn't run! I had previously shot an old wart hog with the lighter faster arrows and they did not penetrate. It took 4 arrows to do the job! So I stuck with my heavy 650 grain arrows and my Hoyt carbon Defiant and I got a water buck, Impala, Sable and two more wart hogs that I killed with one shot and had complete pass-through on everything. I made a video of my experience. I owe Hans de Klerk a big debt of gratitude for such a great time with 5 star affordable accommodations, great food and a wonderful support team. I love that he has dogs to help the trackers if needed. This video is a thank you to him. He has poured his heart and soul into his place and it shows. My wife hunted also and she loved it. If anyone has anymore questions about my experience please ask here or my email is at the end of the video.
The video can be seen by going to you-tube and typing in Breen Smith hunting and it's the 5th video down.

Arrows true,
Breen Smith
Welcome Breen. Now you are hooked.... Please post some pictures
 
Welcome to AH Breen Smith!
 
Welcome to your new addiction...Africa! Yep, back when I could draw a bow, I always shot heavy arrows with 145gr hand sharpened Bear Razorheads. Seemed to work for me. Congratulations!
 
Welcome to AH and congrats on your hunt !
 
Welcome aboard!
 
A bit late but welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, Breen. About to head out back to camp, and trying to find the time to go after a Bushbuck this week with the bow. Bow hunting is a bad disease....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,385
Members
169,347
Latest member
BerthaGiro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top