Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DU
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, and USA
I am from TEXAS but live in Nebraska!

I have been lurking for a year or so ago.

I am a lifelong wingshooter and lover of gun dogs that is fortunate to occasionally catch a trout on a fly rod.

My friends convinced me to journey to South Africa in 2017 and it was a wonderful trip!

This website was helpful in planning and influences me to wish for a return trip!

Bigguns

Glad you started posting. Welcome.
It is time to pay your taxes!
Take a bit and share your hunt report with us.
I’ll be waiting.

Welcome to AH! Please write a report up on your hunt if you can.

Welcome to AH Bigguns! Always nice to hear when someone had a wonderful time in Africa. Glad to have you on the posting side and hope you will share your hunt in SA with us.

Welcome from a fellow Nebraskan. I'll forgive your proud Texas roots, lol!

Gald to have you. Welcome.

Hello and welcome aboard!

Welcome! There is a bunch of peer pressure on here, thank God or a guy just might be content with hunting deer and only owning a rifle or two!
Cheers,
Cody

I am from TEXAS but live in Nebraska!

I have been lurking for a year or so ago.

I am a lifelong wingshooter and lover of gun dogs that is fortunate to occasionally catch a trout on a fly rod.

My friends convinced me to journey to South Africa in 2017 and it was a wonderful trip!

This website was helpful in planning and influences me to wish for a return trip!

Bigguns
Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome from a fellow Nebraskan.

Welcome to AH @Bigguns ! Please take some time to share some of the photos from your trip. Glad to have you join us here and looking forward to your contributions.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH, Glad you decided to join in.
Hope to see you back in South Africa soon

Welcome @Bigguns
Nice to have you and looking forward to see some of your trophies you took. And i see the bug has gotten you if you are already thinking about a return trip

All the best

Our group included 6 hunters and a bird watcher on a 8 day safari.

At the end of the first day, I joked with my PH that he was testing me to see if I deserved Africa after walking 15 miles without an opportunity to harvest an animal.

During the trip I took a wildebeest, kudu, impala, blesbok, zebra, and gemsbok.

The kudu was the animal that I most desired.

However, I left Africa with much respect for the toughness of the “bloody” blesbok.

Welcome aboard Bigguns. Stick around here and your return trip will be a given not just a thought. How about posting some photos to go along with the "executive summary" of your hunt. You might expand on it as well. We all hunt vicariously through the hunting reports of others. Please don't "welch" on this obligation. LOL

IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG

Day 2, we made a plan to sit on a water hole to try get on the board.

First to arrive was a group of water bucks, then a very nice kudu came in. However, a shot was not available. Then suddenly a herd of wildebeests along with a few warthogs arrived on the scene.

Then the “birds!

That spooked an old female waterbuck resulting in “all heck” breaking loose. The animals left the scene. Luckily, a young water buck came back and brought the group of wildebeest with her.

My wildebeest separated from the group allowing a shot. I was able make an approximately a 100 yard shot and he dropped on his feet.

We made several walks that afternoon. On the last stalk of the day we arrived at a tank dam. We paused to determine our next step, when we saw tips of the horns of my kudu walking on the other side of the dam.

He knew something was amiss and began trot away, I was very excited but managed to regain my composure and made about 80 yard shot. We recovered him expired about 75 yards into the bush.

It was one the greatest days of my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg