Hello from NC via Panama

chuckcraig

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the forum.. grew up archery and air rifle hunting in Panama . Moved back home in the 90’s and have had the opportunity to harvest most NA game..
have always wanted to do Africa but can’t quite justify leaving all that Meat behind.. though I’ve kept so many trophies from all sorts of animals, I’m a diehard meat eater as well.
Though it’s been a struggle, I’ve finally decided to start moving forward with an African hunt. I think it would be a great way to do a hunt and enjoy a vacation w my boys and wife.

C16C1D81-061A-4482-91CE-D14B773592DE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!

Hope you make it to Africa soon, and by the way the meat won't go to waste, and you will be able to eat what you take usually during your time in camp!

:S Welcome:

I’ve spent a good bit of time in Panama over the years. I still have a small piece of black palm in my right hand that I picked up in the mid 90’s lol…

Wonderful country… love the little restaurant at the miraflores locks… and there used to be a restaurant/bar in balboa called La Tunita that had the best steaks in Central America…

If I never see Ft Sherman or Camp Rousseau again that would be ok though :D

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey to Africa.

Hello,
New to the forum.. grew up archery and air rifle hunting in Panama . Moved back home in the 90’s and have had the opportunity to harvest most NA game..
have always wanted to do Africa but can’t quite justify leaving all that Meat behind.. though I’ve kept so many trophies from all sorts of animals, I’m a diehard meat eater as well.
Though it’s been a struggle, I’ve finally decided to start moving forward with an African hunt. I think it would be a great way to do a hunt and enjoy a vacation w my boys and wife.
Chuck, welcome to the forum from rural Idaho. I am so happy you are moving forward with your plans to hunt in Africa. I am actually a non-hunter who was skeptical about hunting in Africa but still joined my husband in Tanzania. After 3 weeks I came home a staunch advocate (and even wrote a book about thr life changing experience). I understand your concerns about the meat but let me tell you, there is little as satisfying as seeing meat go to people who are protein deprived. You may not bring the meat home BUT not one bit of it will go to waste. The saying is “the only thing left is the wet spot”. To be able to have this experience with your wife and boys would be an incredible life changing experience. I truly hope you go. My heart is now forever tied to Africa and I would say that most people here feel the same. All the best. Sue

Hello chuckcraig,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare moment, take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.
Also my boss, Philip Hennings just finished posting some latest hunt pictures in the Photos section of the forum.

Even if you decide to book with one of our other fellow safari companies here, nonetheless I will be happy to answer any questions about what to equipment, clothing, foot wear, etc., to bring, as you plan your family trip to Africa.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Giday Chuck and welcome to the A H forums.

Hello,
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH! "You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!"- Pink Floyd. "You can't go on an African Safari if you want to bring back the meat!"-Me. Seriously though, forget the "meat". You'll eat some while you're there and the rest will go to the people that live there. Enjoy an African hunt and the BEST part is you don't have to field dress your animals for the meat. The skinners do that for your trophies and the meat for the local population. Enjoy!

Welcome to AH chuckcraig!

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum Chuckcraig
If there is anything we can help you with or questions you have feel free to send us an e-mail.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Good day Chuckcraig, welcome to AH. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or assistance you might need on this new adventure of yours. Best of luck.

Welcome to the site! As mentioned above you don’t need to be concerned about wastage of meat, in Africa, everything is utilised! What is an undeniable fact is that you and your family will build memories in Africa that will stay with you forever.

Good luck on making your decision, if Africa is on the cards I can guarantee you won’t regret it. Go with a reputable outfitter. (You can find many on the site here with reviews and references).

Kind regards
Aj Fourie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!