Hello, from Georgia

Scott375Ruger

New member
Joined
Feb 17, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
9
Location
Covington
Good afternoon,

I’ve been looking at this forum for quite a few years and have finally decided to sign up. I’ve been hunting and fishing for probably 25 years. I’ve been wanting to go to Africa to hunt ever since I was a small child and watched hunting shows with my dad on the weekends.
I’m 33 years old now and I have a good career, so I talked to my woman about it yesterday and we came to the conclusion that in 3-5 years we would like to come hunt in Africa. I would be hunting, she would be coming along for the experience and memories.
I’m sure I will be asking many questions and for advice along the way, any little bit helps.

Best wishes,
Scott
 
Good day, Scott! Welcome to AH!
Enjoy the planning stage of living the dream!
Regards
Johan
 
Welcome Scott. I too am a fan of the 375 Ruger and used it successfully on my first safari this past summer. I am already planning the next one and my wife and daughter are going along to take pictures. This site is a wealth of information. Once you go, you are hooked for life. Don't wait too long, go when you can.
 
Welcome Scott. I too am a fan of the 375 Ruger and used it successfully on my first safari this past summer. I am already planning the next one and my wife and daughter are going along to take pictures. This site is a wealth of information. Once you go, you are hooked for life. Don't wait too long, go when you can.
I am actually purchasing a Ruger M77 African left-hand in .375 Ruger. Besides wanting to use it on my hunt in Africa, we have bear hunting in north Georgia and hog hunting in south Georgia. I plan on using it extensively for practice and getting comfortable with the firearm before our trip.
 
Sounds perfect. I used mine for 6 animals last summer. It's perfect for a one gun safari that doesn't go bigger than Cape Buffalo.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH Scott!!
 
Welcome aboard from a fellow Georgian and left handed shooter. Your new rifle will serve you well. There is lots of knowledgeable folks here that are willing to share their experiences and answer questions. Nothing like the excitement of planning a safari, especially your first.
 
Welcome aboard from a fellow Georgian and left handed shooter. Your new rifle will serve you well. There is lots of knowledgeable folks here that are willing to share their experiences and answer questions. Nothing like the excitement of planning a safari, especially your first.

Yes, I’m very excited about it. Still undecided on what animals I’d like to take down, but I’m sure in time I’ll whittle that down to a few for my first hunt.
 
welcome glad to see another from Ga in here you will have a blast for sure!
 
Welcome! Wise choice for your rifle, particularly being a lefty.
 
Welcome Scott!! Are you in Covington? That’s my old stomping grounds.

I’m down in middle Ga now. Give me a shout if you are ever coming through Dublin and I’ll show you the trophy room.

Go ahead and get that .375. It’s perfectly fine for deer too!!
 
Welcome to AH. Lots of valuable information here.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Good afternoon,

I’ve been looking at this forum for quite a few years and have finally decided to sign up. I’ve been hunting and fishing for probably 25 years. I’ve been wanting to go to Africa to hunt ever since I was a small child and watched hunting shows with my dad on the weekends.
I’m 33 years old now and I have a good career, so I talked to my woman about it yesterday and we came to the conclusion that in 3-5 years we would like to come hunt in Africa. I would be hunting, she would be coming along for the experience and memories.
I’m sure I will be asking many questions and for advice along the way, any little bit helps.

Best wishes,
Scott
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,358
Members
169,342
Latest member
ShennaXgk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top