Hello from Arizona

browens

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and say I've enjoyed reading all about your hunts and advice here on the forum. Never thought I would be going to Africa but my older brother bought a safari package last week for himself, my dad and two brothers and I'm one of the lucky brothers. Now I'm obsessing over everything Africa I can find.
I've always loved hunting here in AZ and am excited to get to experience Africa hunting next year. I'll be popping up on different forums asking a lot of questions so thanks in advance for the help! Looking forward to getting to learn from you guys.

Welcome to AH from the way too early to be this hot Valley of the Sun!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard Browens. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Who are you going to be hunting with, what animals are in your "package?" Has anyone talked to you about shooting sticks?

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH browens! You found the right place to obsess over Africa.

Welcome aboard Browens. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Who are you going to be hunting with, what animals are in your "package?" Has anyone talked to you about shooting sticks?
Growing up in AZ I've hunted several animals including elk, mule deer, antelope, black bear, mountain lion, turkey. My favorite thing to chase is mountain lion with our dogs. Here's a few pics of some of the stuff I've hunted.
I mostly archery hunt but own several rifles, the biggest being a 7mm rem mag and my favorite rifle is my 280AI. I do reload.

The safari is with Wow Africa (Izak Kirsten) and hopefully will be happening Sep of 2021. The package my brother bought will just be covering all of my daily expenses so I can hunt what I can save up for the next year and a half. Brother and dad will be hunting cape buffalo, kudu, zebra, impala, and wildebeest. I'm going to try and get a kudu, zebra, impala, and warthog. In regards to shooting sticks I have used them often here so I'm familiar with them.
Hope this explains a little more about me!
20191228_131020.jpg
IMG_20190824_101959_373.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327977723.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327952595.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327630945.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327762189.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327718434.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327754806.jpg
FB_IMG_1585327660231.jpg

Welcome to AH.
Your picture looks amazing. You will have a great time in Africa.
Regards

browens, welcome to the AH forum! You have taken some fine trophies in AZ! I am so envious of the mountain lions!
You have a grand trip planned to Africa with your dad and brothers!

Hello browens,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Once “you’ve been to see the elephant” you’ll never be the same.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.

Giday Browens and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome! I'm also a little jealous of the cats - that is definitely on my bucket list one day.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from your neighbor to the north. You will love Africa! Better take some extra dollar bills, there will be many animals you will want to bring home in addition to those on your list. This is a great time of year, time to apply for tags in the west and dream of bonfires and fire cooked meat and sharing experiences with your family and your friends here on AH. . .

Browens, you are going to fit in with group "JUST FINE!!!" Did you get any of those "cats" mounted? If so, photos please. Being an Easterner, I'm extremely jealous of the animals you guys have taken. Hunting with family in Africa will be an experience none of you will forget.

Welcome to AH.. You will get all the info you need from here. Some awesome Hunts and trophies that you have taken!!
My brother just moved to Tucson in January, so hopefully I'll get to visit him some time and MAYBE get a shot in some where...

Welcome to AH, enjoy the planning it's half the fun. Will be watching for a hunt report on your return next September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you