Hello from an Africa dreamer in the uk

Ukfingers

AH member
Reaction score
Hi all, Phil here, new to AH so firstly thanks for having me. Hunting in the uk since I was a youngster, hooked on the idea of taking the big 5 since first reading one of Capsticks publications. I will certainly be asking for lots of advice and opinions.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard Ukfingers. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what kind and caliber rifles do you own, what have you hunted in the past, do you reload. Where do you live?

Welcome to AH Phil!

I'd suggest a separate post. Since you are a newcomer and may not be familiar with everything AH offers, the SEARCH function might be a good place to start looking for answers. If you don't find what you are looking for ask away.

Welcome aboard Ukfingers. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what kind and caliber rifles do you own, what have you hunted in the past, do you reload. Where do you live?
Hi shootist43, currently live on outskirts of Manchester, England. I Grew up in a rural area, grandparents owned a mixed dairy and sheep farm so from an early age I had the opportunity to "hunt" small vermin using an air rifle. As I got older, the critters and caliber needed to take them got bigger. Currently own .22rf for small vermin, .223, .243, 308 for the occasional fox and deer stalking. Just recently started looking into reloading but not yet fully committed. I'm in the process of acquiring a .375 H&H, unsure what gun as yet, any advice on that would be great

Ukfingers, thanks for the the additional info. Take a few days to scan through the new posts, take note of where the "poster" is from. We have a number of AH members that live in England. Getting in touch with one or more of them would be very beneficial to you. I'd be willing to bet that within the next two or three days one or more of our English brethren will be welcoming you to the site and offering to answer any and all of your questions.

Welcome aboard!

Giday UKfingers and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome from Belgium @Ukfingers ! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

Hi Phil, I live in Africa and get to enjoy a hunt two or three times a year. You are on the right track with a 375H&H, whatever your choice of rifle, it is a great caliber. You might also consider a scoped sxs double with a QD mount, either in 375H&H or more positive extraction with a 375 Flanged Magnum. There are many reliable ones to choose from, like Chapuis, Merkel, Krieghoff and my own choice Heym. Not only great PG as well as DG rifles, but they exude that Africa feel.

Welcome! Enjoy the site! If you need any help we’re here for you.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg