Hello from an Africa dreamer in the uk

Ukfingers

Reaction score
Hi all, Phil here, new to AH so firstly thanks for having me. Hunting in the uk since I was a youngster, hooked on the idea of taking the big 5 since first reading one of Capsticks publications. I will certainly be asking for lots of advice and opinions.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Hello and welcome!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Ukfingers. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what kind and caliber rifles do you own, what have you hunted in the past, do you reload. Where do you live?

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
I'd suggest a separate post. Since you are a newcomer and may not be familiar with everything AH offers, the SEARCH function might be a good place to start looking for answers. If you don't find what you are looking for ask away.

Ukfingers

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Ukfingers. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what kind and caliber rifles do you own, what have you hunted in the past, do you reload. Where do you live?
Hi shootist43, currently live on outskirts of Manchester, England. I Grew up in a rural area, grandparents owned a mixed dairy and sheep farm so from an early age I had the opportunity to "hunt" small vermin using an air rifle. As I got older, the critters and caliber needed to take them got bigger. Currently own .22rf for small vermin, .223, .243, 308 for the occasional fox and deer stalking. Just recently started looking into reloading but not yet fully committed. I'm in the process of acquiring a .375 H&H, unsure what gun as yet, any advice on that would be great

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Ukfingers, thanks for the the additional info. Take a few days to scan through the new posts, take note of where the "poster" is from. We have a number of AH members that live in England. Getting in touch with one or more of them would be very beneficial to you. I'd be willing to bet that within the next two or three days one or more of our English brethren will be welcoming you to the site and offering to answer any and all of your questions.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia
Welcome from Belgium @Ukfingers ! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Hi Phil, I live in Africa and get to enjoy a hunt two or three times a year. You are on the right track with a 375H&H, whatever your choice of rifle, it is a great caliber. You might also consider a scoped sxs double with a QD mount, either in 375H&H or more positive extraction with a 375 Flanged Magnum. There are many reliable ones to choose from, like Chapuis, Merkel, Krieghoff and my own choice Heym. Not only great PG as well as DG rifles, but they exude that Africa feel.

Global Rescue

Sponsor
Since 2012
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Welcome! Enjoy the site! If you need any help we’re here for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrence40

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA